Excess jobs?

On occasion I get jobs that I just can’t commit to due to ability or sheer size of the job.

For those of you that have to pass on these, do you just suggest they shop around or have another company you work with to get a percentage? I keep getting calls for mega houses but don’t have the manpower to do them.

I had a old folks home come up a few weeks ago, with a hospital do to the following week.
It was a good opportunity for me to each out to a fellow window cleaner to see if he had any spare time available turns out he did, I subbed him for 3 days on the old folks home, and then for a couple of hours on the hospital, was good to meet and see if he was any good, he was. I will ask him in the future if i can use him, or if I’m fully booked I will just refer people to him in the future.
I think its a good thing to get to know other window cleaners in your area, I have another guy who has been passing me the jobs he doesn’t want and I do the same to him. As he doesn’t want any more houses and I don’t want route.

1 Like

By the time we hit that point, our friendly competitors are usually booked out that far as well, so its a moot point.

3 Likes