Exterior Windows With Sitckers/Logos on them

Hey Everyone I just started my new company and I need a little bit of assistance here. How do you clean A window that has large sticker type logos in the middle of the glass? It’s sticker logos that the customers want on the windows purposely to promote their items they’re selling (mostly food places) Do you was over the entire window or do you guys take the time to was around it? thank you guys!

1 Like

I go lightly with the squeegee on the decals and stickers and usually have to blot the residue.

I started using a Wagtail High Flyer this year and for some reason it leaves less residue than the Liquidators (with soft Moerman rubber) and the occasional Unger Ninja I used the previous two years.

1 Like

Thanks I took An extra thirty minnutes doing a whole window cleaning process (mop, squeegee, Detail) Because I did it to the top half and THEN the bottom half. I appreciate this answer thank you! how do you like the wagtail and what does it really do?

I bought the 14" and 10" and the angle adapter this year and was surprised to find that I like them more than the Liquidator. This was surprising because I liked the Liquidator and then I really liked the Excelerator and the minimal detailing. The Excelerator is a bit easier at the 0 degree but I don’t have to do that very often.

I like the ergonomics of handling just one tool vs. holstering the mop then grabbing the squeegee. The wagtail pads don’t hold very much water but since I am usually using a spray bottle that is not a drawback. If I did multiple storefront panes I suppose the limited water retention would be a bit of drawback but the most I have on any account is twelve panes.

I have been very happy with the rubber that came with my Wagtails but I don’t know if it is hard or soft rubber. I see that the only Wagtail replacement rubber is hard rubber so I’m not sure how that will work in my Alaskan temperatures. I don’t remember ever cleaning windows with temperatures over 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

There are some good videos on this forum for Wagtails, just use the “search” function.

https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/wagtail-high-flyer.html

Some helpful Wagtail High Flyer videos:

2 Likes

I have also found the Wagtail HF to leave less to detail around decals. Better than when I use a wide body channel.

The two wagtails I use work just as well with Etorre rubber in them. Do you find that you still need clips in the wagtail channel? My rubbers (even the real wagtail stuff) just won’t stay put with only the little notch bent into the channel holding it.

I haven’t had any problems yet with my rubber slipping and haven’t used any clips. I have only used Wagtail rubber but I want to experiment with Ettore and Black Diamond this season.

I wonder if your temperatures over 100 degrees causes the rubber to shrink a bit? I have never done WC in temps over 70 degrees so I have no experience with rubber in such hot temps.

I under stand that in the heat things would expand if anything and therefore hold firmer. Doesn’t seem to help but wear out the rubber if the glass has evaporated the solution before I can get to it. I’m way faster then when I started, I’m still not fast enough to keep up when it’s 120 degrees, tinted or painted black windows in direct sun. I keep my spray bottle in my left hand in the summer…

1 Like