Financial Planning For Your Futute

Turn $451 a Month Into a Million Bucks

If you’re 30 years old, you need to set aside $448 per month for next 35 years to become a millionaire – if you earn a reasonable 8% annualized return in a retirement account. Don’t have $448 to spare – or even $248? Maybe you do and don’t realize it. Let’s take a look at how you can come up with the cash.
Save $219 Per Month on Taxes
Here’s How: The average refund for the 2008 filing season so far is about $2,500. If you received an average refund and you are in the 25% federal tax bracket, you could be entitled to three extra exemptions worth $3,500 each. That would boost your take-home pay by $219 a month. A couple of reasons you might be eligible for more exemptions: becoming a new parent or buying a house.
More from Kiplinger.com:

Save More Money on Transportation

Easy Ways to Lower Your Food Bill

Simple Tips to Save on EntertainmentSave $100 Per Month on Food
Here’s How: Bring your lunch and snacks to work. Considering that the average meal at McDonald’s costs $5 and Dunkin’ Donuts charges $2 for a large cup of coffee, the brown-bag windfall can be substantial.
Save $80 Per Month on Entertainment
Here’s How: We’re talking about one fewer dinner-and-a-movie night every month. That assumes you and your significant other pay the average $33 per person for a restaurant meal (according to a recent Zagat survey) and that you spend $7 per ticket, the average price at the movies (according to the Motion Picture Association of America).
Save $28 Per Month on Health Care
Here’s How: The typical family spends $1,321 on out-of-pocket health expenses each year, says the U.S. Department of Health and Human Serv*ices. You can pay those costs with a flexible spending account, which lets you set aside pretax dollars.
Save $10 Per Month on Auto Insurance
Here’s How: The average consumer pays $829 annually for car insurance, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Raising your deductible from $250 to $1,000 can save you 15% or more.

[B]Visit the Banking & Budgeting Center[/B] Save $8 Per Month on a Well Maintained Car
Here’s How: Keep your car’s engine tuned and tires inflated to the proper air pressure. Those minor improvements can save you up to $100 on gas each year.
Save $6 Per Month on Generic Non-Prescription Medicines
Here’s How: The average American spends $185 annually on over-the-counter medications. Generics cost up to 40% less than their brand-name counterparts and work just as well.
$451 Saved in Total!
Invest the found money every month in a retirement account that earns an average of 8% return over the next 35 years, and you’ll have $1 million. That wasn’t too hard, right?

A certain someone could save $451 a month by simply driving right on by all those Starbucks that appear everywhere.

A million dollars 35 years from now won’t be worth a lot.

But not too bad from the initial $190K.

Damn it!!! I know but…my truck just turns in…craziest thing:D

2 days ago I bought a scooter. I save on average $25 a day in fuel cost. People grin when I scoot on by… bought stop when I tell them I get 100 mpg.

I want to paint it green… then letter it up saying…

"I’m Green… and I’m Clean!"
COMPANY LOGO
CONTACT INFO

Is that mileage with or without the ladder rack?

See Louie below

:smiley:

Actually I have a guy that is doing the squeegee work now. He will be taking my truck and I will scoot around doing marketing stuff. Sales Service etc.

I was telling one of my customers my plan and she grinned. Then she reconfirmed two points.

1. Since I give free estimates it would be good to cut down the cost of fuel in doing so.

2. It’s a great advertising gimmick. With the price of gas, people notice those little scooters.

I could bungee cord a telescoping pole and a bucket and BOAB to the back and do light commercial work. Parking would never be a problem. Pull right up to there door and have a mini billboard next to me while I work.

Albert Einstein was once asked , “What was the most powerful force in nature.” His answer was “Compounding interest.”