First bad review

Got my first bad review on Yelp.
The guy killed my 5star review streak. :frowning:

Booked him, then when I emailed to confirm the appointment and get his address he gives me an address that’s like 2 hours away.
I call him and tell him sorry, we should have started with the address, and we don’t service that area.
He got mad, hung up on me, and looked me up on yelp and gave me my first bad review, 1 star haha
It’s bugging me alot haha

I would always check the address before booking…

To piggy back off that and possibly help…how do people handle bad reviews? (If you disagree with the persons evaluation…as the customer is NOT always right lol)

Could go both ways, he could have easily said "hey, this guy is in a different area code, and he is listed on yelp about 2 hours out from me, maybe I should call someone local"
But he didn’t

I’m gonna reply on Yelp though, and keep it professional.

1 Like

Dang dude sorry to hear that

2 Likes
  1. Don’t book without an address first.
  2. You should have an opportunity for rebuttal.

I wouldn’t hire an electrician, plumber, or take my vehicle to a garage 2 hours away. Put that in your rebuttal and get an address next time, FIRST.

2 Likes

While it sucks, a bad review once in a while proves that all the good ones were legit. Sometimes i don’t trust a product on Amazon if the reviews seem too good to be true. Usually, i look at a few one star reviews and see the person is a whack job. Then i know to ignore those and proly trust the rest.

13 Likes

likely you had a lucky escape. that sort is hard to please /best avoided and likes hunching down and writing bad reviews

5 Likes

Yep, had bad feeling about him anyway.
He was lowballing and asking for group discounts on services

True, haha

Dan sorry to hear that…

Put together response to his bad review.

I had a lady do that this year, I put a response up quickly (a very we’ll thought out response) she ended up apologizing publicly for her short sidedness and ended up give me a 5 star rating. It generated a lot of work for me…Like Daniel @WVWindowWashing said it can make you look really ‘real.’ In a good way!

7 Likes

How did you tell her off in a nice polite professional manner? Hahaha
I’ll post what the guy said in the next comment

The man still wants his windows cleaned, maybe you could help find him a cleaner closer to him? Possibly build a relationship with the other cleaner?

1 Like

When a call comes in, asking their name and location are at the top of questions, lesson learned

2 Likes

The emailing has been going back and forth for a little over a month. If he wanted them cleaned, he could have found someone closer to begin with. IDK, Superior came to mind, Tujunga is in their service area right?
Can someone tag him?

“I have been communicating with Dan about cleaning my windows and solar panels for several weeks now. Dan gave me an over the phone/email estimate so we scheduled it for today, June 5th. I took the time off from work so I could be available in case he needed me. Waited and waited and he finally called me. After all the communicating that we have done, he didn’t realize where I lived and that it was “out of his service area”. Now he realizes that? He couldn’t tell me that several weeks ago? Not very professional. I would be hesitant to hire this guy that doesn’t know how to look on Google maps before he commits to an unfamiliar area. I’m sure he is a nice guy and that he may be good at what he does but make sure he knows where you live before you agree to anything. Now I’m at home looking for a new cleaning company. Not professional Dan, not cool.”

Haha, ouch!!

At least it wasn’t your first review on yelp, as well. We didn’t have a yelp page until we had a disgruntled anti-customer (we refused to work in a pig-sty).

In your rebuttal, apologize for where you actually went wrong, and what steps you’re taking to make sure it isn’t repeated. It might help to indicate somewhere that this is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and you’re surprised at your own glaring oversight in learning the customer’s address before booking them.

This does make you look more real. And reasonable, savvy customers are generally used to weeding out the wacko reviews when they research a product or company.

4 Likes

@mshramek is Tujunga in your service area?

Basically what Alex suggested.

[quote=“Alex_Lacey, post:17, topic:43276”]
In your rebuttal, apologize for where you actually went wrong, and what steps you’re taking to make sure it isn’t repeated. It might help to indicate somewhere that this is the first time anything like this has ever happened, and you’re surprised at your own glaring oversight[quote=“Alex_Lacey, post:17, topic:43276”]

If you need any advice how to respond, PM me. I can let you see the whole conversation that transpired in my situation Dan.

I use it all the time to help find cleaners for my clients summer homes

3 Likes