First fall in years!

Had my first fall off a ladder today in years.Thankfully it was only from a first floor window on a resi and bush broke my fall.Only tissue damage in my lower back and sore calf.Stay safe out their folks.

Ouch, happy to hear you were not hurt worse.
Stay safe and heal up quick.

3 Likes

Thanks hopefully i heal enough to work the final week of the christmas rush.

1 Like

What was the reason for the fall? Was it ice or just how the ladder was positioned? I had one near fall last year. I was on a hill with leg levelers and the ground gave out under the bottom foot. The ladder twisted and I grabbed the sill in time. I was balancing it on one foot and just slid down the side. Scary stuff. Be careful out there.

2 Likes

The reason for the fall was down to me rushing basically.I placed the ladder in a position that i normally would on this particular resi but they had recently had a tree trimmed back.i placed the ladder too close to a branch that i thought myself would just snap if it did manage to go against it with the weight…it did nt.I felt the ladder slide a bit nearing the top and just said to myself feck it and took the chance of continuing up the last few rungs of the ladder.Thats when the ladder twisted and kicked out to the left and i went straight down.The kid in the house across the street which i had just finished got a bigger scare than me as he came out to check on me.He remained outside playing with his football by himself until i finished the house.

3 Likes

you knew what you were doing was against the rules. i think we all need at least 1 near miss to make us careful

3 Likes

Yep i put my hands up and admit that.I’m paying the price for it now.

A friend of mine broke his back falling from a low height while descending an A-frame. Hasn’t been able to work in years now and probably never will be. The moment i catch myself rushing ladder work i stop myself and refocus on safety.

5 Likes

Hope you heal up quickly. Sorry to hear that. Be careful out there.

3 Likes