First time clean on dirty windows

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. It seems that the only thing missing from the equation is being able to see the glass up close. That could be solved by using a scope to inspect the windows after cleaning- or even inspect from the inside when you have the needed access.

For first time cleans try this! and this is a tried and tested method and works very well,

get some ecover washing up liquid which can be bought from here!

put a little into a backpack or squirt a little onto your brush or put some into a sprayer and spray the windows with it, wash away it will soap up,give it a good clean then rinse off with your pure water!

once this has dried and stopped dripping go back over the glass with just pure water wash and rince results will be perfect!

cheers james

In reality the WFP is an amazing invention but we all know there is the right tool for the right job. In my honest opinion and from my experience of the use of my two WFP setups, they work well in these Residential scenarios.

1. True Divided lights 200 panes +. Anything less the set-up time isn’t worth it.
    First time clean I still scrub with a 6 in t-bar, but rinse with pure water, saves hours of time on detailing.
    I have a home 900 TDL and I can do it in 60% of the time now.
  2. Windows that require a 40 footer and your a 1 man show.
  3. A house full of casements which are not littered by shotgun fungus. DH are a hassle to WFP due to the drip time and hard to reach corners on the bottom pane at 2-3 stories.
  4. If you can’t physically and safely use a ladder, but if that is the case then you shouldn’t be in the window cleaning industry.

The way I see it, if WFP was the most cost effective, efficient, and reliable way of cleaning windows, all residential window cleaning companies would load up on systems and only use pure water. And if you look around that is just not the case.

Use your system wisely, but its quite an expensive investment when your scope of work is limited to windows that haven’t been cleaned in an extended period of time, which quite frankly is probably over 90% of glass.