FISH in town!

Just making this post because I noticed fish cleaning this manhattan bagel place a couple weeks ago.

Today I stopped by to get some food after a window cleaning job and I remembered fish cleaned their windows so I asked how much they charge and the guy said $38.

I had no intention of even selling myself to get this account because my price would be way higher than this, I was just curious what they charged.

That’s 13 window panes in and out as well as moving lots of tables around on the inside and removing those marketing pieces that’s on the inside windows prior to cleaning the glass.

And then probably on the outside on the left those 4 plants that would have to get moved.

How are they in business?

I would clean around those signs, not move them all. I would always clean around furniture, not move it.
My guess is that fish may do the same thing… their staff also gets 20-30% per job, so that tech is getting $7 for cleaning those windows…

No the tech removed the signs lol. I saw it with my own eyes and the customer today said they “remove the signs as well,” in a prideful tone almost lol.

$7? Good, that’s good money.

That stop should take 30 minutes tops… when it’s not busy, so $38 isn’t a bad price for most likely an every other week window cleaning… I wouldn’t be too far off, probably $40-$45 if they were done every other week.

2 Likes

I would do it for $45 should take 30 minutes.

Those signs don’t have to be taken done every time , the plants don’t need to be moved , an like Mike says the furniture probably don’t need much moving. 38 is a little weak , especially if there taken those signs down every time :rofl:

I worked for Fish when I was getting my own off the ground. I’ve seen accounts like that going for $15-$20 bucks. The franchise owner didn’t care about price as much as getting the accounts. He just wanted his 25-30% of the job. He retired then went to a franchise show thinking he was going to get a sandwich franchise and got sold on windows. First guy I ever worked for that had no experience in window cleaning.

in 1985 i started a 1 hour photo, no photography, lab or retail experience.
in 2013 took what was called a franchise for window cleaning but it was not
2014 started my own

You’d be amazed.
Give it a try next time.

2 Likes

You right. I’m getting business cards made and if I had some I could’ve casually handed one to him and said “If something doesn’t work out give me a call.”

1 Like