Fitness

When I could lift heavy…my max bench was 395 lbs.
I’m not weak, I’m just not an ego lifter like you.

Whoa guy no need to try and take jabs, I’m just messin with you.
But if you’re gonna be like that, come catch me at the huge and say that nonsense and start nonsense to my face

My back and joints start to hurt when I am not training regularly. It makes life in general just better…

I just took a spare tire and turned it into a sled for conditioning work the other day. I put a couple 45;b bumper plates on it and drag it around the yard.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that…I am strength training so I can get to the point of doing higher rep hypertrophy workouts. I have to bulk another 20lbs and I am sick of eating all the food to get there. I lift more for the mental aspect of it more than anything. It is basically what replaced alcohol for me.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. I’ve always followed the Weider Principles when working out.
Pyramid training
Drop sets
Force reps
Negatives
Super sets and on and on.
Ya it’s been awhile. I miss it :cry:, not going to give all the excuses. High weights is for ego noting wrong with it , but I’ve always seen the guys in the gym putting all the plates on and the loud screams. Tooth pic legs no symmetry . I’m more like you I wanted the physic , not bulking up. Although I had the genes I’m short and stocky.
When I was working out some thought I was on roids
Nope just generics.

1 Like

What’s the name of your fraternity?…and where do you get your juice?

I work 12-16 hour days so I’m pretty active overall between multiple businesses. Plus I coach 3 of my kids teams year round. But I have started taking my health seriously this past year. Got a gene test last year, starting attacking my gene deficiencies with supplements and changing what I eat. I’ve “cured” 3 medical conditions that doctors have told me for 20 years that I will have the rest of my life and that I’ve been on pharmaceuticals to treat the symptoms. Been losing weight for consistently for the first time since high school and my mental performance and energy levels make me feel like I’m “myself” again.

3 Likes