For thoes who clean gutters how do you tackle theses?

Hey guys so for the guys who clean gutters, I’m looking for tips and tricks to clean these types of gutters. They have a guard on them that only provides about an inch of space. Do you remove the end cap and flush with water? Or use a vacuum? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

The guards I’ve seen come off fairly easy in 2-3’ sections. I ran into one similar on a metal barn building. I had about 1" clearance and just removed most of the stuff by hand and jetting with a hose. It was a pain in the ass but if you charge accordingly you can make it worth your time.

we run the other way from these…quickly.

1 Like

I don’t tackle those, way too much hassle

Min $500 to start, just because they are going to take forever and a day to clean.

Basically start at end with downspout and with something like a flat head screw driver just start scrapping and flushing. I personally have not done these, but their are awning gutter systems that are kind of similar and they are a nightmare with much less room to work.

Those are a real pain. Very time consuming. I make it very clear what the hourly rate is and charge accordingly. That way you are covering yourself if the job takes longer than expected. Keep the homeowner in the loop about what’s going on.

I do the same thing for gutter covers with old and rusted screws.

Gutter guards are garbage. I put effort into telling people how useless they are.

One option we are looking at is getting jetters for gutters that have hard to remove gutter guards.

Remove them, clean, install new (better) guards, collect check…