Ford Maverick

Anyone using/considering the Ford Maverick for their work vehicle?

These new “City Trucks” should do well as a window cleaning vehicle.
The little Nissan Vans would probably do well too.

Problem is prices and availability of make and affordable options might leave you searching.

Theft of contractors vehicles contents is fairly common, it is worth the added expense for a topper that locks. Sad that we have to share the Planet with scum bags.

2 Likes

@apkwindows posted about his two weeks ago. Maybe he’s got a few pros/cons so far.

I had an opportunity to check one out a few months ago. Cool little truck, but it doesn’t have enough bed space or power for what we do. Might be good for just window cleaning.

My 2015 GMC Canyon has a 6 ft bed, if it were the 5 ft bed model I would not be happy. I just do window cleaning.

I’m enjoying it so far. The bed is small but the xero pure fits perfectly and that is what mattered to me. I’m getting the bed cover today and I already have the ladder racks. Had bed sprayed at Linex last week. Ordered this truck with the tow package so it can handle up to 4,000lbs.

I knew going in that compared to larger or more capable trucks that the Maverick would have some shortcomings. I also didn’t want to pay the same for a used truck with 50-60-70-80k miles as I could for one with 0 miles.

Considering that our focus is window cleaning, I find it’s perfect. Our 17’ little giant doesn’t lie flat in the bed. It’s just a hair too long but our 4’ ladder fits perfectly. 20’ and 12’ trad poles lay flat in the bed no problem. Hose reel together with our Bosch shop vac and screen cleaner will all fit with cover and tailgate closed.

Our plan is to add pressure washing. With 4k towing, I know it can’t be some big rig but I know it’ll be capable of a smaller but efficient setup that’ll help us make more money and maybe lead to large ticket jobs. If I can do a house wash or two and make more money doing that in less time than I would cleaning windows, it would allow us to simplify our work schedule.

Our 2005 CRV with 246k miles has served us well but it’ll be nice to install the back seats in it again and have it serve as a backup work/play vehicle.

2 Likes

Here’s a few photos. Just finished installing the bed cover

Here’s an example of the little giant. Depending on how you position it, it’ll fit w the tailgate closed but you can’t use a cover. I have the ladder rack but it’s 500 degrees today and that’s all I care to do for today.

@apkwindows
Love that setup! Thank you for sharing all the pics, helps get an idea of what you can do with it. What’s it doing for you gas mileage wise?

So far about 24-25mpg between city/highway. I think if you don’t have a need to haul over 2k lbs, the hybrid would be the way to go. Orders for 2023 model open up this summer. I wouldn’t pay the ludicrous markups.

I need to install the racks. I’ll update w pics sometime this week.

1 Like

I have a 2017 Ram with the 6 cylinder engine, it averages 22mpg and I have put on 155k miles and I have lots of room in the backseat and in the bed. I do have a locking cap on it as well.

Please do! :+1:t3:

Whats the length of that bed? I’ve heard you can get a base model for 20k