Ford Transit...Anybody own one? Anyone have a vehicle wrapped?

I’m currently using a 2000 Caravan Sport for my residential window cleaning biz. I’m most likely gonna to need a new vehicle at the end of 2014. Does anyone own a Ford Transit? How do you like it?

Does anyone have a vehicle wrapped? Was it worth the cost and did it attract new biz?

Thanks very much and Happy New Year!..:cool:

I don’t own a transit, but I have used them in the past for a former employer (large residential WC company)

We had everything in there for resi work, ladder racks that held a 24 and 28 ft ladders, the backseat for extra bodies and tool storage built into the back.

We even had 2 little giants, step ladders inside the truck amongst poles for route work and buckets, tool belts, and all the accessories you’d need for any resi job.

Great gas mileage and I would recommend them to anyone on the fence about getting one of these vehicles.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

1 Like

Mike what do you use now?

I have a 2012 Transit Connect XL work truck that I purchased two years ago. 35k and not a single problem knock on wood. They are tough little trucks.

I like the gas mileage and the amount of room you get out of them.

1 Like

Currently using a 99 Chevy blazer, moving into a 2011 Chevy silverado Thursday morning

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Good for you. I wish you all the best with the new truck!

My experience has been that vehicle graphics are worth every penny. JMO

1 Like

Thanks, it’s not ideal but this vehicle has to double as something to bring kids places just in case and this has the extended cab. This blazer is on it’s last leg, plus the 4wd if the silverado will he great in the snow

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Yeah thats because yours looks like a Million Bucks.

I had a partial wrap done on my Dodge Ram. It cost around $1500, but I think it was worth it. I get lots of comments on it, I even had a guy at a gas station come over and ask which company I used. Good signage projects a professional image, and that is very important, particularly if your target market is an upscale area. All the best with your new truck.

1 Like

Funny. But. honestly, the only time I’m not getting a ROI with regards to the wrap, is when the truck is parked in my driveway

Do you mind sharing what you paid to have your vehicle wrapped?

My Tundra $2500.00

My previous truck Tacoma $3500

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing…very cool…and functional Rig!

1 Like

We purchased two Transit’s about a year ago. They have been great, we switched from short box trucks. The only drawback is you need to pull a trailer obviously they are not the best choice. Both are full of graphics and we will add a third one in this year.

Daryl Schaefer
Granite City Window Cleaning

Are you finding the MPG accurate to their claims without the trailers? BTW…are your trailers for WFP or just more gear?..thanks again!

I haven’t tracked MPG super close but I notice a difference on fuel from the previous year. They are getting approx 20MPG with ladder rack (20ft and 28ft ladders), city and hwy combination. They are not a speed demon on the hwy with the ladder racks 70mph is about it unless your foot is all the way down!. I rarely use trailers anymore all of our water fed equip is mounted in the vans. That being said each van is also loaded with between 1200-1400 pounds. We use the IPC Hydrostation mounted in the vans.

1 Like

Hello,

I just wanted to get some clarity. You can actually fit the IPC Hydrostation in a Transit Connect? Also, with a load of 1200-1400 pounds, are you hauling your own water?

Thanks,

Joshua Adriance
Pure Water Window Cleaning
www.pwwc.ca

We rarely carry water to our job sites. The Hydro station fits perfectly sideways in the middle of the van. I will post a few pictures later. The way it is set up right now once on a job site we can be up and running in under five minutes. It is a bit of an overkill for mid to small residential obviously.
Daryl Schaefer
Granite City Window Cleaning