Forum Sensitivity Training Needed

Seems some people can get their ego torn apart from interpreting posts differently than they were intended when no offense was meant.

Opposing views are good for a discussion to better the services we offer.

We could always try to agree on everything and see how much we learn from that.

Is it too simple to keep in mind people here really aren’t after you or trying to prove you wrong but possibly just looking at things from another perspective and looking for input based on that.

10 Likes

we don’t have to agree on everything to interact civilly

8 Likes

@leavingnc Exactly.

1 Like

Right … but when input is giving … why are we misconstrueding the input ?

:sob:

1 Like

It is misconstrued because it is in the form of text, this leaves room for interpretation.

In a face to face conversation body language and tone aids in how the conversation is directed.

If someone feels a victim they will read the text as such, it being directed at them and not as another opinion.

5 Likes

Right !!! that’s why we can’t go judging how someone is questioning your post., or a post

“Where two people in business always agree, one of them is not needed”
-Ford

7 Likes

Nice :+1:

Really?

When a post questioning what another post was about is returned with f*** this f*** that you’re a f******. Something is not right or stable about that individual.

1 Like

I read it, and my two cents is:
Some people are off their rocker. This dude IS off his rocker.

Secondly, I don’t feel any different on the subject than you. I don’t find much value in watching someone just cleaning glass unless there is something there for me to benefit from (aka learn something). I kind of have to wonder if guys that are all into watching those kind of videos all the time, aren’t really cleaning much glass. I know after I get done cleaning for the day, the last thing I want to do with my free time is watch other guys doing the same thing.

2 Likes

Facility service providers really need to learn how to deal with differing opinions and perspectives. A large part of customer satisfaction is managing expectations and defining boundaries. I am constantly working to improve this aspect of my WC and carpet cleaning services.

Ya :joy:. No Misconstrueing that.
I really thought you were insinuating about me questing your phone calls on your driving An having your truck wrapped
I misconstrued your post. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You know @Send_Jim once read my email and misinterpreted it. Few days later… I received a chocolate cake in the mail from him. True story.

Maybe we need more chocolate cake around here? :yum:

7 Likes

I’ll take bacon.

1 Like

I disagree. I think all opinions should be the same.

See what I did there? :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

Maple Bacon Upside Down Cake?
48 PM

2 Likes

No, just bacon.

3 Likes

I guess I’m not sure what specifically you’re commenting on, but I am confused by how many YouTube links there are on this forum now. It blows me away that every fourth or fifth post is a video. I’ve watched 2 or 3, but even the good ones get fairly boring.

I mean no offense to any YouTubers. I realize it’s a potential (realized?) revenue stream for some, and more power to you. I’m just not remotely interested in watching other people clean glass, or talk about cleaning glass for 10 minutes.

But, hey, different strokes, etc…

5 Likes

What about 3 minutes 20 seconds? :yum:

Ah, I know what you mean. Being established, you wouldnt find them all that life changing.

From the other side, as a YTer, I continue to focus on the value of the message for those that do watch them.

The Hidden Gems series, for instance, is designed to help someone getting started to save a lot of time, energy, and money in getting set up so they can more quickly focus on making money and other aspects of their business.

6 Likes