Frequency Discounts

understandable

Giving that type of discount would be difficult for me in my small town market. I get most of my work by word of mouth and if I start giving discounts then everybody would be badgering me for a discount.

1 Like

Donā€™t remind me lol

My friend who I have known for 26 years has been in business for about 14ā€¦ He gets a large majority of customers on a bi-monthly schedule. Any new accounts are 1.5x the normal cleaning in/out. Iā€™ve always liked his sales pitch ā€œ6 days a year, and your windows are always cleanā€. If they are off the bi-monthly, it is usually the 1.5x price, so they actually SAVE money by getting it done regularly. The customer actually goes ā€œOh wow, NOBODY has ever offered service like this, they just come once a year-- great, sign me up!ā€

Not saying it will work for everyone, but have seen it a countless number of times first hand. He learned it from his other boss, I worked with him about 11 years ago and it was the same frequency. Hell, I am even doing it that way moving forward. Of course, it all depends on your LOCATION.

Since this can mean both twice per month and every other month which is it in this case?

Sorry, to clarify- EVERY other month, 6 cleanings a year. I mentioned this a few months back and god some blowback on here-- Iā€™m not talking about 1,500 dollar a cleaning McMansions, as they would be a harder sell obviously (Unless you offer the oceanfront windows, or something of that sort).

I do plenty of weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly jobs for my employer. As statedā€¦LOCATION is key. Salt spray is a blessingā€¦and a curse! Get a good 20-25mph wind with some white caps coming off the ocean, and itā€™s time to clean them again!

Bi monthly every two months; bi weekly every two weeks.

Only in America, the rest of the world BI means twice perā€¦

2 Likes

Well, it means the same here where I am Steve. Bi means twice.

Every other month, is every other month.

Yes but the real only bi which is used here is Bi-annually which means twice per yearā€¦ or bi sexual
There has been a word in the English language for thousands of years and Americans used to use it, I watched Turn: Washingtonā€™s spies, and they used it all the time, but in the past 100 years it got lost from usage in the US, the word is fortnightly meaning every two weeks.

If you were to ask people here what bi weekly and bi monthly were they would say twice per week/month not every other.

Yous guys just need to catch up with us Americans. <j/k>

And If you asked me and the people I know, theyā€™d tell you the same.

Not only do I know what the proper use of bi means, I also know the difference between their/there and sell/sale. :rofl:

1 Like

Kinda funny that.
Proper when the English language is bastardized to suit the narrative

Semiweekly or semimonthly would be twice per week or twice per month.
Bi weekly or bimonthly would be every two weeks or every two months.

Bi-Wars

3 Likes

20% anything more is almost going to cost you money. Thatā€™s fair enough.

Yep, it can be a confusing one without accompanying context as to which is meant.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/video/how-often-is-biweekly