Gardiner 50ft verses 60ft

I put a bid in on a job and will be buying one of these poles immediately if the bid goes thru. Atleast I’m going to try too :slight_smile:

The highest window on the building is exactly 46 feet. I don’t have any other jobs that require this big of a pole. Although I’m just about ready to start going after them and confident I’ll land plenty.

Budgets definately tight this time of year preparing for winter.

I’m thinking to buy a pole, use it one time and have it sit for the rest of the winter, the 50 foot is probably in my best interest costing 1k less. However my luck, I will stumble across a job/jobs that requires the 60ft.

For you guys that do a lot of this work, is there really many more jobs between that 50 and 60 feet? It’s only ten feet…

In short - I can’t afford this pole right now but if the bid goes thru buying the 50ft will only cost me 1k out of pocket. I’ve pretty much made up my mind but wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks in advance

PS: if you’re shy about posting publicly or have a review you would rather keep private, please send me a PM and I’ll keep it confidential.

I think I would go with the 50 ft. You should be able to get five stories with that.

I’ve a few three-story buildings that require 51-54’ of my Gardiner SL-56.

Wow, that’s sounds really high up for a three story

Each have tall first-story ceilings, alot of plenum space, landscaping obstacles, and unique top floor architectural features.

If you’re debating, go for the 60ft. More money, yea, but it will get you more oppurtunity. I do many 4 story buildings where I need my 60ft, and then I have quite a few 4 stories where I need my 65ft. Like Larry said, some first floors have higher ceilings. If you get the 60ft., you wont be as limited as to what you can bid on.

If money is tight, just challenge yourself. Order that pole and make sure you bid on enough and get enough jobs to pay for it when it comes in. Too many people are shy about their equipment purchases. The better equipment, the more you can get, charge, etc. etc.

Charlie

My only suggestion would be go for the 60’, once it is paid for it will cover all your concerns, and when not needing the entire length, strip the sections down for weight and ease of use. You won’t be buying another pole if you go w/ the 60’

[B]Thank you all for the advice.[/B] Man o man, right when I’ve decided, I’m back on the fence :slight_smile:

I don’t see this SL 56 (Larry talks about) in the WCR catalog. Also I’m hearing Gardiner has new poles - Are these the 50 and 60 SLX I’m seeing in the catalog? Perhaps these replaced the SL series? Is there more than one 60ft Gardiner?

The poles I know about - SLX 50 & 60 / Super-Lite Extreme 48 / - I’m a little confused…

Justin, I’m in the same situation where I’m going to get a long pole IF I get a job which I’ve done before with a 50’ Unger. It just made it and flexed so much I wasn’t thrilled with the results. So I expect to be endeavoring to finance the Gardiner 60’. I agree with the others that the expense will be handled with other big jobs and you’ll be set for a much greater variety of accounts.

Hey Justin,

As of right now Gardiner makes a 50’, 60’ (or 61’) and the Superlite Extreme.

Like Charlie says, if you go for the 60’ you will be able to bid on buildings that you may not be able to do with a 50’. This could really set you apart from the rest in your local market.

I’d love to talk about your options if you have time today. Let me know.

Thanks

I think you could get by with the 50 Justin.

sent you a PM

There is a 50’ SLX and a 61’ SLX.

There is also the 48’ Xtreme pole that extension sections can be added to. This will enable you to reach greater heights.

A large number of 50’ and 61’ SLX poles have been sold by RHG’s distributors in the USA and the Xtreme pole is gaining popularity as well.

2 excellent reasons to get the 60’, especially what Dan said. The 50’ will reach the windows you describe, but you will have to be close to the building. This not only means you’ll probably get wet, but the closer you are to the building the harder it is to put good pressure on the brush. The further away from the building you are, the longer you extend the pole, and the more the pole’s own weight leans on the building. This exerts more pressure on the brush, which naturally creates more scrubbing power and thus tends to clean better than if you are standing close to the building.