Getting jobs from realtors

I have lots of connections with agents in my area. It pays off but it’s not a pile of money waiting to be had. Part of it will depend on how quickly houses sell in your area. In my area homes are sold within a week so the need for clean windows to sell a house is not really there. But there are still jobs.

You have to remember that agents get pitched to all the damn time. They really don’t enjoy it so there are way more don’ts than dos.

I have joined the Realtor’s Association as an affiliate member. That has allowed me access to realtors in a casual setting. I’ve also learned a ton of what not to do when approaching agents. I would suggest looking into the association in your area and seeing if they have an affiliate program. It has been well worth the money.

3 Likes

I let agents seek me out that way when the shenanigans start I tactfully remind the agent who called who

6 Likes

A lot of great advice here! Thank you everyone!

A key takeaway is that the real estate agents operate at a negative cash flow until the listing sells. It is not realistic to expect them to go out of pocket to spiff up the property owner’s property. If there are realtors that do pay for those improvements they are probably getting reimbursed by the sellers at some point.

The good news is that they already have a good working relationship with the property owners and they have good sales skills, so it pays off to leverage those relationships and skills for the services we offer.

1 Like

True. One particular realtor I deal with gets reimbursed from the home seller, or has a budget set up to pull from to make the property presentable for sale.

2 Likes

Nothnagle Realtors? You must be in Rochester!

1 Like

Yes sir, been in Rochester all my life. I see you used to live here, blacktieaustin. Honestly, I thought nothnagle was all over the country. Shows how much I know about real estate.

1 Like

we work with a local realtor who has sent us about 20 jobs in the last 8 months, they are great jobs, upper end homes which are larger than average.

they never expect anything back from us because what they get from us is more valuable to them, a company that they can rely on to be trustworthy and respectful and does a great job every time. that is way more valuable to them than a %.

the only difficulty is sometimes they are expecting that we can squeeze their customers home in within a week and that’s quite hard during the busy season.

4 Likes

I have noticed that with realtors as well. “Hey, can you come tomorrow?”

1 Like

What @leavingnc said in his post, is the position you want to be in when it comes to realtor/brokers.

2 Likes

they are a little better than that, they understand that our busy season over laps with their busy season but they’d be hard pressed to wait more than a week.

2 Likes

Glad they give about a week heads up. I know there are window cleaners that do well with referrals from real estate agents

1 Like

Same goes for bankers…

3 Likes

Sent you a PM

1 Like

We do work for 2 of the top realtors in my area. They actually found us for their personal home, and dish us a good bit of work, however when they say jump, you gotta be there its a lot about the timing for them. Same thing we don’t pay them back because they find extreme value in our services for their clients.

4 Likes

@swishy We have been getting average 3-4 per month we are newbs so I’m more then happy with that ( wish is was weekly seems they all come in the same week LOL) I did this also when we owned a Cleaning Company so I knew how to go in and talk to them (its not hard at all just go in confident sell the value of the service). I have also setup weekly commercial accounts that they are holding (i.e.empty buildings I did at a good rate to float over the winter). That was an easy sell once they knew I’m reliable and can fit them in on short notice. Like stated you have to be ready to do it ASAP I’ve done some overnight so the showing its all perfect. Make them feel you are part of that team and stop by even when not working. They feel a connection to you when you do that. I.M.O. this also works cause the area I’m in Fast pace quick turn around on houses. In smaller areas go at it the same way and sell the service as something that helps houses sell curb appeal etc

ALWAYS go in dressed and chat up the office staff ( they can be leads you might overlook). Trust me the office STAFF are gold when it comes to getting your name out and when the boss is looking for a Window cleaner - they will remember you. I look at every person I talk to daily be in the people in line in a store / bank / hair salon / Picking up son from school - they are all future leads.

5 Likes