Gg4 msds

How do you get that number?

true and not true.
certainly almost anything can get windows pretty darn clean.
in 4 years i have had numerous comments of how pleased people are but here are some that really stand out.
using tsp: a woman came from across the street to ask what we were using to make the windows sparkle so much. i told her it was just because they we’re clean but she insisted she had seen lots of clean windows but had never seen windows sparkle like that.
using wfp: i have lost several 2nd and 3rd cleanings for the year because the customers say " you’re right the purified water does stay cleaner longer"
using wfp and only pure water inside: i had a customer following me as i did most of the inside windows, he was fascinated and kept commenting "how do you get them so clear? i never seen windows that clear."
i get lots of other compliments even when using various soaps but these were the most notable by far and have convinced there are definite differences although they may not be perceptible to all people in all situations.
when i say the above stand out i mean they were quite different from the typical, “oh now i can see out again” kind of comment.
so i want to know all i can about the science and technology of window cleaning so i can make accurate decisions about the service and products i offer.
certainly not trying to say you cannot get windows clean unless you use “X”.
:wink:
:cactus:27

1 Like

Sounds nice Henry.

I can’t really tell what I’m looking for. I thought GG3 and 4 sounded good - the sparkling it gave, the slower eveperation… But I wasn’t hooked when I tried it.

Curious Ken, have you dropped that part of the sales pitch?

1 Like

no, i still use it but have adapted it. now say “customers are telling me it lasts longer and i sometimes lose the 2nd or 3rd cleaning because of it”. then i add: “of course if don’t do a fall cleaning the windows will be dirty again before spring, if we keep the twice a year schedule the windows are pretty clean all year, it’s up to you.”
:slight_smile:
:cactus:27

1 Like

Meant to say that’s awesome.

we’ve heard all those same comments and we only use dish soap regularly. those are anecdotes, have you done a side by side test? The windows come out looking the same. I grant that windows done with wfp seem to be a bit cleaner but this might be because we’re thproughly cleaning the frames and sills as well and that has an effect on the over all feel. if you plant the idea that wfp windows stay cleaner longer, thata what people will see, try doing a double blind study and see if it holds up.

This thread was started to discuss specific questions about the chemical ingredients of GG4.and how it works and how it may differ from dish soap. Whether or not individuals believe any difference is worthwhile could be discussed in another thread.

3 Likes

Update:

So I’ve been using gg4/ glide combo with dash of uk ecover for 2 weeks.

I’m noticing a definite haze in direct sunlight from previous cleanings (uk ecover, citrasolv, tea tree oil). The haze is evenly coated, not like rock salt or rain. So I’m beginning to believe in haze.

Secondly, the glide is 50% worse with gg4/ glide. (Mixed: One capful gg4/gal, half cap glide/gal.)

If you use too much glide yes I’ve experienced this as well. You have to use very little of that cause it seems to have like an oil based type solvent that makes it glide.