Giving raises

It seems that I get asked by employees a lot if they can get raises. I would like to come up with a standard amount of time (6months) that employees are told they can be evaluated for a raise. I’d like to have a list that I can pass onto the techs that i can use to evaluate their progress. Do any of you have any kind of evaluation process/checklist you use for giving techs raises?

Whatever parameters you want to use to give a raise. And lay it out upfront so they can give themselves raises. Show up on time x day/weeks in a row, x windows cleaned in a day, x $ made in a day/week/month, positive reviews, leads generated. But time shouldn’t be a factor. If a tech grasps the process early on they shouldn’t be held back from earning more because of time served.

We have different levels of pay based on service, ability, knowledge, punctuality. Stole the idea from Curt Kempton. We also bonus people out if they do most of the next level up tasks but haven’t hit all the metrics.

1 Like

Have you considered paying %?

I have thought about that. I guess I’m just a little unclear about taxes and all that. If I were to do that would I just have them claim their own taxes?

Heres a pretty good thread on it - I hate commission pay!

You would still pay the taxes and submit a paycheck like normal.