Glass Elevator Cleaning Woes

I’ve been doing this job for years but I could never figure out how to do this one pane. Now that I found the forum I thought I’d run it by you guys. This pane is the low one on the elevator itself on the outside of the pane between the elevator and the wall of windows. It’s like less than six inches from the wall of glass. I tried to get at it from under the elevator but there isn’t enough room. Is there such a thing as an uncleanable window? I clean the one on top from the top of the elevator and man it’s a trick. You ever have to squeegee a window upwards? I’ve been doing this job for years but I could never figure out how to do this one pane. Now that I found the forum I thought I’d run it buy you guys. This pane is the low one on the elevator itself on the outside of the pane between the elevator and the wall of windows. It’s like less than six inches from the wall of glass. I tried to get at it from under the elevator but there doesn’t seem to be enough room. Is there such a thing as an uncleanable window? I clean the one on top from the top of the elevator and man it’s a trick. You ever have to squeegee a window upwards and sideways?

Humm, interesting. I think I understand the setup… how about a wfp from the top of the elevator? Get a backpack and just scrub and rinse.

Or use the unger pads?

It’s a trick. From the top down the angle only allows access to the top pane the bottom is hidden by the sill in between. I was thinking maybe cover the motor in the pit with towels and take hose with a nozzle and spryer it from underneath. Just wash it with a hose. That would be better than nothing I guess. Is it even worth the trouble?

Man, I don’t know. If it really bothers you, go get some window decals and make that bottom window look like it’s frosted. :wink: