Glass Gleam 4 dilemma

Ooh those!:rolleyes:

lmao

======================================

Subjective truths are not truths. They are just things people believe are true. Truth is always absolute. It is either true or it is not.

1 Like

Soap is almost meaningless. It hardly matters. The smell and consistancy is most important, along with low foaming. In some situations no soap is much better than soap.

I like GG4 for entertaiment purposes sometimes, and I like the smell, but I try not to get too high off of it.

I think entertainment is the main factor with soap.

When is no soap better???

What kind of entertainment to you get out of soap???

Alright! The new guy on the forum is talking SOAP! This is gonna be fun :smiley:

Try GG4 with a hogs hair brush then – it’s the best!

Try GG4 with a hogs hair brush then – it’s the best!

I am somewhat baffled to read this. Soap is one of the keys to cleaning.
There is a pie for cleaning and it has many acronyms. I like C.H.A.T.
Chemical Heat Agitation Time

whether it be windows, clothes, carpets or skin, we use this pie to achieve the results we call ‘clean’. In ANY process of cleaning, the user will provide the items above in some order. Reducing one means another has to be increased.

Soap, albeit not vital, is in fact a key element of window cleaning. Next to soap is agitation. How can it be ‘almost meaningless’? It is the very ingredient that allows the water to ‘sheet’ and ‘wet’ the window, hence the dirt, for removal.

Thank you Tony. It’s not like I am a new guy to the window cleaning business. I cleaned windows for over 10 years back in the late 70’s and the 80’s. I used joy and parsons sudsy ammonia, worked great. When I came back into the business about 5 years ago as a commercial sales rep my boss turned me onto GG4. Our customers told me there was a difference. Now I have my own service again.

The hogs hair brush takes window cleaning to the next level, but that’s another topic.

My competition cleans in the same village centers that I work in. His service has been around for 20 years. We both have well over 100 store front accounts. The difference is clear. I walk by hunreds of windows every month and check them out. Unfortunitly for me, my main competitor’s customers are very loyal. I never push but they have my card and know I am around.

1. It is worth the money - diluted down to its correct dilution it lasts longer than any dish soap & is cheaper. Feel special? Not really, it does the best job.
  2. The finished product is better - does that make me better? Mmm.
  3. Could you beat the competition by having cleaner windows & a longer turnaround rate & therefore putting your prices up?
  4. If I can get $100 an hour taking my time opposed to $50 p.h. for rushing - which do you think I’d choose. Work smart not hard.
  5. I think I live in a similar market except we suffer from brown rain & sometimes 150% humidity index.
  6. I’ve done the same as Tony - tried & tested it on different windows to prove that GG4 really does keep the windows much cleaner for longer.
  7. The smell isn’t really a factor for me - unless it smelt like Larrys van.

If you are wanting repeat visits at a lower price more often - I’d advise dish soap. If you are wanting quality cleans at a higher profit try out some GG4 & get some more customers.
Personally I think GG4’s main let down is in storefront finger marks. But these generally get cleaned more often anyway.
GG3/GG4 is quite hard to get used to at first - less slip & less giving than dish soap. But once you get used to it - no drips, less detailing & definately a clearer finish.

awesome truth filled reply. Kudos K

I completely agree with Karlos GG4 does take some time getting used to. I have been doing this for almost 12 yrs . I have used all kinds of soaps + Detergents (powder tide). GG4 kicks all of their tails. I actually left the house the other day without my crate with with the GG4 in ( I know … I was cleaning the back of the truck and forgot to put it back in… Brain Fart) . Anyway when i realized this i had to go buy a small bottle of dish soap (Dawn). I had forgot how slimy this stuff feels on my applicator and on my hands. I dont think i will ever go back to plain dish soap again. Just my opinion. :eek:

I really wasn’t trying to start a rock fight, I was only looking for some help. Thank you Tony for the Winsol Super Slip suggestion, and Karlos for the anti-cal powder idea. I will give both a try. Thanks!

Right now I am mixing some Glisten with my GG4. I premix my cleaning solution in the morning in a 6 gallon jerry can. I am using 1 oz. GG4 and ½ oz. Glisten. My water is a little bit hard at 250tds; so the water softening feature in GG4 is helpful. The ½ oz of Glisten is giving me the extra glide I am looking for.

Hi Mike, I believe we spoke at the house across the road from you about a year ago, Pat Purcell Blue Diamond
Try a dash of ammonia, it increases the slip a little and adds some cleaning power, i also add some easy glide when working in the sun
In the winter when you add alcohol, methanol or windsield fluid there will be even less slip as they seem to kill the soap a little

No rock fight…old sore subject. Glad you brought it up.

Just waiting for the right time and place to dispose of the bodies.

just cuz i used a “special” soap doesnt mean a customer is gonna start paying more money for that.
i cant just charge more for using a soap.

i f i do a normal bid on a house with the intent on using dishsoap for$250 wut do i do add $50-$75 more dollars cuz im using the “special soap”?

the customer will not pay it they will just find some one who does it for less.

how can gg4 make a window “clearer” than dawn?

Karlos refers more to commercial where they have window cleaned routine. Weekly window may become bi-weekly…as an example.

The soap works different because it does not attract dirt. One must fully comprehend the chemistry of surfactants, ionics and such for a complete grasp. But suffice to say since these soaps are less of a detergent than dish soap, they do not leave the same residue. Hence, they look different and they last longer.

The argument has merit when one says “I just don not like it.” or “I like dish soap better.” Then one is simply stating his/her preference. But we simply want to express our experience…and share why it works as it does.

Even better is pure water. Stays cleaner even than these soaps do. Why, NO residue.

The ability to offer a window cleaning that results in a longer lasting ‘clean’ and a better look…demands a higher price. How much? dunno.

I do get more money than my competition. I thought it was because I have a background in sales. Our maybe it is because I do a really good job, wiping sills, taking tape off, no drips etc. It could be my professional image. Perhaps it is the GG4 detergent. I guess it is the whole picture that matters. I try to offer the best service possible. The soap is only part of the equation.