Glass Gleam 4 dilemma

=================================

Here is a man with something called common sense. Common sense is not usually appreciated.

One must have it to appreciate it. sort of like the way one must understand detergents to appreciate lack there of. Words. Truth. Proof. Conjecture

No offense. :slight_smile:

Matt…are you still using palmolive with the glisten?

==========================

What was I supposed to understand about detergents? Now you are just making false assertions instead of admitting you were wrong. You must be a Democrat. :slight_smile:

If you seek proof you would accept the science instead of taking the - if I don’t see it w/ my own eyes it doesn’t exist - attitude. Matt and Phil have explained the science. As Phil said use what you want, but don’t imply we are misleading someone. I for one offered advice based on my experience as well as the science of the matter. GG4 leaves very little residue to attract dirt after cleaning, dishsoaps leave a much larger amount of residue. Simply put more residue, faster resoiling.

Now THAT is funny. LMAO

================================================

I asked for your proof and you did not give it. Where is your proof that gg4 leaves less residue and therefore attracts less dirt? My experience says something different than yours, so experience is not proof.

First you have to prove it leaves less residue. Then you have to prove that that less residue attracts less dirt. Go ahead and show your proof.

Why is it funny. Is there anything more than seeing that you use to determine whether your windows are clean or not? What would that be?

If you need proof it leaves less residue then fill a glass w/ a solution of GG4 and another w/ your normal solution and let them evaporate. You’ll see less residue in the GG4 glass. As for less residue attracting less dirt that’s common sense. It’s the same as a small magnet not pulling as much metal as a larger one. Science at work.

===============================

If we were putting the solution on the window and letting it evaporate, that would apply. We squeegee it off so the question is whether the residue remains afterward.

Working with GG4 is a matter of preference. There is no scientific proof of the claims you are making. If the makers of gg4 could prove those claims with some testing, it is very likely they would have already done it.

Somebody mentioned common sense. My experience in life is that common sense is not common.

Actually you questioned whether GG4 left less residue. The test therfore does apply. If you don’t want to try it that’s no big deal but I thought you wanted proof of point.

=============================================

Have you done the test?

I am only interested in windows. Even if gg4 left less residue on a glass after evaporation, it would mean nothing to me.

I have never seen any evidence of any residue left on windows using any cleaner. If I can’t see it, I don’t care.

I have seen some white drips from tsp, but nothing else.

Windex, for example, is a consumer cleaner that does show evidence of residue in my opinion.

The fact that residue is not measurable by your vision doesn’t disprove its existence.

If residue exists and does attract dirt, it might mean that someone will care.

Someone here posted that Barack Obama is a Muslim. It was pointed out to that party that Obama is a Christian. He then replied that he does not care. He must be a Rebublican.

The fact is that you like your method and should continue with it.

The fact is that there are others with differing opinions.

The fact is that in the same way you state that published studies are required to prove the statements of others regarding residue and professional window cleaning solutions/concentrates, you too should provide studies to prove that dish soap leaves no measurable residue.

P.S. Why is it Merv and not Stuart?

=====================================

I am not saying anything has to be proven unless someone states something as a scientific fact, which is what happened here. I never said anything about science being behind what I see. Your side claimed science as an authority. I just see it as I do…period.

All I am saying is that I don’t see it so I am not going to go with it.

Merv is an old alias I have been using on the net for a very long time. It means nothing. I got used to it.

I didn’t realize I was on a side.

Who are the captains?

I have noticed that the doors suds up a lot more than any other glass surface I clean. GG4 is a low suds detergent but when I hit the door wa la I get lots of suds. What could possibly being causing that to happen?

The residue merv can not see. it is coming from the pores he can’t see. in fact, the suds are all in your mind.

get out of the sun.
:wink: