Glass restoration

Hello
I need an advice on how to do restoration can you help me:D:confused:

I think narrowing down what you are looking for might help? There are many ways to restore glass.

Dan Fields & Andy Engstrom have videos you can purchase that are extremely informative regarding glass restoration.

I myself am a restoration rookie operating like a mad scientist in most cases. Experimentation with words of wisdom ringing in my head from these forums. Did a shower door today to perfection though. :slight_smile:

Mind sharing that with us Dwight ?
I’m gonna have my first one next week, shower enclosure too

I’ve been lucky (or unlucky depending upon how we view things) but I have not had to use Safe Restore on the shower glass stainage I’ve encountered thus far. Simple Sorbo Powder and a white pad.

There’s nothing magical about using agents to remove hard water stains. Apply it and scrub. With Sorbo Powder it isn’t strong enough to tackle some and that is when you start using Safe Restore. I’ve used it about 4-5 times to very good results. That is where I mention being a “mad scientist” because you truly are experimenting the first couple of times. :slight_smile:

I am always willing to share Punta…however I know there are others that have tons more knowledge on restoration than I. I really suggest you view Dan Fields videos. They more than anything are what has enhanced my confidence to go forward with restoration efforts.

Finding the tin etch side of glass is virtually impossible as no one carries a UV light along with them. (at least I don’t) So “mad scientist” must use an obscure corner to find out what he’s dealing with.

I’m gonna have to buy those, because I didn’t knew about the importance of finding that side of the glass

GLASS CORROSION DEFINED

Stage 1 Corrosion - is defined as glass with light corrosion, with little or no damage to the glass.
Stage 2 Corrosion - occurs when deposits are no longer on the surface of the glass, but have started to breakdown the molecular structure of the glass after the stain has been removed.

Corrosion does not occur on glass that is exposed to air.

2 TYPES OF STAINS

• Glass Oxidization - Window’s glass appears “hazy” and has white “etched” look.
  • Hard water Stains - Window’s glass appears to be etched with white “tear drop” shaped deposits. It can also appear as though substance has been “dripped” down the window’s surface

BioClean