GlassRenu Red Pads?

I’m interested in glass restoration. I’ve (almost) decided to purchase the GlassRenu System. I already own a polisher so I was going to go with the pro kit. However I see that it only comes with the grey and black pads. I’m under the influence that the red pads are needed for deep scratches. Does GlassRenu really not sell the red pads by themselves? It seems kind of ridiculous that I would need to buy the complete kit just to get access to the red pads. If this really is the case I will be forced to choose a different companies product.
Thanks in advance.

edit: okay…after a little further reading I realize that the red pads might not be completely necessary but I would very much appreciate some advice. @Cole_GR - I assume you could offer some help.

I’ve been on the phone with Cody? Over there and he said that the black pads work just as well, they only take longer. The concern is that the red pads are so aggressive, and fast that the job can go south unless you have a lot of experience with them.

Lol, I guess you could grab a diamond flap wheel if you really need the speed…

1 Like

That is right! The Red RenuDisk is our most aggressive pad and is not needed on 90% of the damage most GlassRenu Users are looking to restore. The Black RenuDisks is our most popular pad in terms of removed scratches and heavy acid-etching. The Red Disk would be COMPLETE overkill to use on a scratch you can barely feel with your fingernail. I hope this helps!

1 Like

^^^ The man the myth the ledgend in the house!

4 Likes

to clean: i bot the pro kit a while back. it works well , i used some of the pads BUT i might sell u the rest-don’t know if i;m gonna get into it…email me if yr interested…

Great. Thanks for the reply Cole. Very helpful. For now I’m just looking to remove the basic scratch tags you commonly see on storefronts. I guess I’ll just start with the pro kit and if I feel the need I can always upgrade later. I’m pretty excited. I know of entire streets with high-end shops and scratch tags on every pane. I figure if I can sell window cleaning then scratch removal should be a piece of cake. Now I’ve just got to learn proper techique. I’ve got a couple pieces of glass I’m going to scratch up to practice on before I hit the streets.

2 Likes

@marc1 I might take you up on your offer but I want to buy a new kit. I’ll definitely come to you when I need some more pads though.

ok…I’ll just add up the pads i have and do the math–find out what each
pad is worth…thanks for the response…where do you window clean? how new
are you. ? I found a company that has follow up software that can help yr
biz…definetly wish i had it yrs ago…let me know if u want info.

Sounds like a great idea! Let us (GlassRenu Team) know what we can do to help!

@marc1 - I work in San Diego County, mostly we serve the city of San Diego and North County SD. We’re based in coastal N. County. I’ve been cleaning windows for about 8 years, but only really got into it about 2 years ago when I took over the family business. My father started our company in 1976 or 78… one of those two. He had set up a great foundation and we have plenty of steady long term accounts but being more of a old school window cleaner he was missing a lot of the more modern aspects of business. In the last year or so I’ve expanded my skill set to website development (I’m still working on this one, I have a love hate relationship with wordpress), seo, sales, and marketing. My daughter was born 8 1/2 months ago so my lady quit her job and has taken over the office side of things and she’s now starting to do some of the sales aspect of things, mostly cold calls and door-to-door for commercial properties. She has no sales experience but is doing surprisingly well. Something about a pretty young lady with a baby seems to catch even the most hard-headed managers interest. I’ll pm you about the software.

…and thanks cole. I’ll be in touch.

1 Like

Want my unit? Great system, just not time to market it and train guys.

1 Like

Besides the ability to buy red pads, a case and a nice buffer/grinder what’s the difference between contractor and pro?

1 Like

This will show the differences between the kits. Some big differences you will notice are in the amount of material you receive as well as the different size pads, and the Red RenuDisks. I hope this helps! :smiley:

2 Likes

Make me an offer!

1 Like

@Skipper offer him you’ll pay for dog food for 2yrs!

2 Likes

Got it 3-4 year ago. big black case. Cole pass Utah might be able to answer this for me.

i have a glass renu kit-used some pads–for sale…not gonna do it. contact me.