Good ol' racism

Hey man. It’s bullshit that you have been treated that way just because of the color of your skin and the languageyou speak. Shit ain’t right.

That’s what I did, after I asked him several times before calling the police. I heard the guy tell the officer he’d be the bigger man and move his truck, after he bellyaches about his rights. Maybe I should’ve let it go, not care, etc. but when small minded people who are in the wrong want to talk smack to you about your ethnicity, that upsets me.

It’s not the first time, won’t be the last time. It just amazes me how uncivil some are when you try to resolve something in a civilized way.

2 Likes

He may actually be right about the code. In some places the strip between the sidewalk and the street is city owned even though you’re supposed to maintain it…

1 Like

I would call your city council representative and see if you have any options. Retribution is short lived and usually backfires. You stated he’s moving soon, buy him a going-away gift.
The golden rule and all.
I like tacos, but I really like Baleadas.
I really really like Carne Asada :grin:

1 Like

Ha, yeah he even pulled out a measuring tape to prove he was “right”.

Wooowwwwwww that’s a very specific meal! Yes they are very good

People like him think everything south of the Rio Grande is Mexico, and couldn’t find Honduras on a map if you labeled it for him.

1 Like

I don’t know, most City Codes state that there is no parking of vehicles on grass or edge of right of way. If the street is too narrow for street side parking then too bad for him. He should park on the street with a bought and paid for permit displayed. :wink:
Edit: Plus I see an empty two car driveway there?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s more
Likely.

1 Like

I got a notice
From our city for parking in my own grass behind my garage in our alley.

So good for you for calling the police. Sorry you have to put up with that.

2 Likes

There was a Honduran/Panamanian restaurant, for a very brief time, in the University town I lived in.

When I was in Iraq, one of the military bases we ran fuel to, had Honduran soldiers there and they loved to share.

1 Like

2 things come to mind when dealing with people like that.

1. remember, whoever angers you controls you, so don’t place that much power in there hands.

2. Some people’s punishment is there existence.

6 Likes
  1. Anger is resolved with a call to the Po-Po.
1 Like

Wow i like that!

2 Likes

That part is city owned and we have to maintain it. That is here in Ontario. BUT, that is down right disrespectful. People know damn well that home owners care about that part as much as the rest of the grass. Personally, I never pull onto that.

Sorry to hear about that crap and I agree with these guys. Take the civilized part out of the equation and go shit on his truck or use rocks.

Knife his tire at least. Freaking pricks deserve that sort of revenge. Bringing race and calling you names over parking on your lawn is unacceptable.

For a low fee, and air fare, I will come do it for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get off my lawn…

Lol

That is an intriguing concept…