Good Starter WFP Set Up

Hi guys,

I have recently started doing window cleaning and I really need some help getting my set up right. Can anyone recommend a good starter WFP set up as well as hoists and harnesses that won’t break the bank?

Depends on what you have to spend…

Best would be getting a carbon pole or HI-Mod carbon pole right off the bat… Better to spend the most you can on that better pole first.

You will be glad you did and your arms will thank you!!! Verses starting with an aluminum pole then having to by a carbon later.

My friend nick :slight_smile: Got himself a facelift and loves it… Reach-it mini didn’t meet his expectations and traded for the facelift…

So either Facelift,Unger and Reach-it…

Then your other choices needs to be. How to produce pure water.

1/2 cube DI Or a R/O - Di solution That will depend on your local water tds level which way is best to go.

1/2 cube DI in 100 to 150 tds area will get you about 1,000 gallons of pure water. Simple easy to straight feed to pole.
Or put in a back-pack and or cart…

I use a straight feed method or cart depending on each situation. Using 1/2 cube DI in a 100-150 tds area.
My entry costs to wfp where around $2100… For pole ,cart,brushes,fittings,air-hose line,Gerry cans and few misc items.

john

1 Like

All depends on your budget

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I like my washit and reachit

My own experience in waterfed pole window cleaning has been as follows:

Bought half cube DI tank, backpack sprayer, fiberglass composite pole

I hooked the DI tank up to the watersource and filled up the backpack sprayer. I lugged the 40 pounds of water on my back all the while trying to mess with this spaghetti noodle of a pole. TBH, the thing was totally useless 20 up if you want to have any kind of precision - which is important working on old windows.

After a few unsatisfying experiences with the waterfed pole, I gave it up for a year and went back to the ladders.

Last fall I bought a used SLX-35 carbon fiber pole and ditched the backpack. I run my tubing on a little hand crank electrical reel straight from the DI tank to my pole. I don’t bother running the tubing up through the pole as it is easier to work with on the outside. I just shut off the flow with a $1 clam from HD. Easier to takedown the pole and store it. Also, I can detach the head with a couple of twists and use it as a handbrush for sliders or 1st story windows.

I get plenty of flow just with the house’s water pressure.

But it all depends on your local water quality as to what kind of setup will work best / easiest. If you have really hard water, you’ll need RO as well as DI, maybe a sediment filter etc etc

Then, you may need a pump to push the water through all those filters.

So, it really depends.

But like [MENTION=10960]goldeneagle[/MENTION] mentioned, get a good pole. I love my carbon fiber pole, and would loathe the day that I were forced to use a fiberglass one again. I clean a lot of high windows, though.

If you are just planning to clean a lot of ranch houses or 1 story cape’s, then you wouldn’t need as good a pole.

DI tanks are good for hard or soft water, you’ll just replace the resin more frequently if you run lots of hard water through it. I would rather spend a couple more bucks for less on the job bs that you sometimes get with a more complicated RO/DI system.

For sure spend money a good pole. That is the only mistake I made when I got my set up this year.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts