Google AdWords

I know some else brought this up a couple of months ago, but I’d like to know a couple of specifics

Do you set a daily limit or maximum pay per click? Is either one better than the other?

How many campaigns are you running? Do you find more or less is better?

How many keywords do you use per campaign? Also, do you use less or more keywords on certain campaigns?

Any pointers are welcome. I’m planning on increasing my adwords budget to $75 to 100 per month. It works pretty great, but I’m not quite getting the exposure over my competitors that I want.

On a side note, Do you guys recommend any web advertising companies? I had eLocallistings.com, but canceled after three months, ZERO jobs.

Thanks,

Josh

Do you set a daily limit or maximum pay per click? Is either one better than the other?

I set both (I think you have to actually, have to) I can’t tell you the exact amounts I set, but I will tell you that I have better results when I set my cost per click lower and set my daily limit high, as opposed to a high cost per click at a slightly lower daily limit.

How many campaigns are you running? Do you find more or less is better?
2 right now, no they both are doing about the same. one is for “window washing” and like terms, the other"window cleaning" and like terms.

How many keywords do you use per campaign? Also, do you use less or more keywords on certain campaigns?

etween 3-5. no

Any pointers are welcome. I’m planning on increasing my adwords budget to $75 to 100 per month. It works pretty great, but I’m not quite getting the exposure over my competitors that I want.

mine is set to $350/month, but I’ve never close to that much. Raise your monthly limit, and you’ll get more impressions.

and I don’t have any experience with other online ad companies.

If you have anymore or specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Also, kevin (painless perfection) has a good video on his site about PPC. check that out if you can find it. Otherwise I’m sure Larry will post the link.

Wow, that much?

I’ve only set my budget to $35 and even still, it never gets reached. I think the most I’ve spent per month is around $20.

I keep all my keywords specific to my locale. The generic term ‘window cleaning’ will get a lot of shows but to a lot of the wrong people. Example: folks in other cities, towns, states, countries. Other window cleaners looking for info, Do-it-yourselfers looking for 'How-to’s)

Howard Connet, whom is the moderator of the MWCoA website and forum is an excellent computer guy. He understands all of that web presence stuff and I’m confident would be of great advise to anyone looking for information to make the best decision regarding web presence.

Personally, I am slowly coming along and Howard is helping me. Check out my site, www.jencorcleaning.com

Hope that helps.

When it comes to adwords depending on your budget one might be better off going with a direct mailer. Example: I paid $100 and change to mail out 1000 post cards. Got 4 responses and 1 of the jobs was over $1000.
If you paid that much on google you would be lucky to pull in those numbers as most of the search terms everyone wants are too general. Like already mentioned here, “window cleaning” will pull you customers from all over the US unless you tell google you only want you to list when a customer comes from your state. But still I think adwords is over rated for something you can most likely do yourself. I helped one window cleaner SEO his site and he is now #1 in his area for mutilble keywords. Just spoke with him last week and he told me his website finnally started to bring in money. Took about 3 or so months but it can be done and in the long run will be much cheaper then google. Be careful, very careful in what you do with google. If you don’t set it up correctly you can end up getting a bill for $1000.

It is so damned competitive here on Google that in the busy months I can pay $200 a month in charges… :mad:

figure out other more efficient ways to advertise like Juggs advised. (unless you do not have much online competition)