Growth 1st Year, Expectations?

@Infinity Thanks for the good advice!

I have looked into an S-corp and will likely incorporate in the next year or so.

I actually have spent a chunk of today (slow day) looking into Facebook marketing. I want to grow my residential (reason for Facebook) and large commercial side of things so I can eventually hire someone to take over my store fronts. Just did my first hotel on Monday, and am talking, and have been talking to several others along with appartment complexes. There aren’t too many window cleaning companies in my area so the competition isn’t too stiff, but still there. What marketing has worked best for you?

I have a 50 ft pole, but I want to upgrade so I will probably finance to maintain a better cash flow. I want to do the 6-7 story stuff because that will really knock alot of competition out after 4 stories.

I have a minivan right now, but it’s a bit beat up, so hopefully within the next year I will be able to buy a used cargo van and do a half wrap. It’s better than what I started in, but it still says “part time side business” to me more than anything, and I don’t want to come across that way as I think I will land more jobs with a better looking vehicle. All my other marketing material have been pretty good as far as quality, I just need my vehicle up to speed.

My goal is 100k next year, which I think I can hit. (If I market) Alot of my network of customers has been starting to pay off, so I am seeing a bit of a snowball effect.

2 Likes

I’ve never marketed a whole lot. Used to flyer some neighborhoods years back when I was short on work, and picked up a few decent jobs with that.

I put out yard signs occasionally, and they have a pretty good return. The simpler the better. Mine don’t even have a phone number or website on them, and they generate more calls because people have to google us and then see all of our reviews and stuff.

100k is a pretty healthy goal. Much more than I calculated from the percentages you gave. Don’t get discouraged if you fall a little bit short.

If you plan on making that much next year, I would strongly consider making the s-corp election at the beginning of the year. It will save you a good 4 or 5k on your taxes. Nobody pays more taxes than sole proprietorships.

1 Like

@Infinity Yes, if I dont hit 100k it’s ok, but I think it’s reasonable. Year one 34k, year two 44k, this years goal was 64-65 but now I am shooting for 72. Just landed a large job that will help bump closer to that. From that 100k will be a stretch, but not impossible if I market more and work hard.

I will look at the S-Corp more, and thanks for the marketing advice! I havent done much myself, but I am trying to do better and its paying off.