Gutter access issues

Hard to find something that doesn’t say construction worker, but this seems to apply to anyone in California:

“(a) Approved personal fall arrest, personal fall restraint or positioning systems shall be worn by those employees whose work exposes them to falling in excess of 7 1/2 feet from the perimeter of a structure, unprotected sides and edges, leading edges, through shaftways and openings, sloped roof surfaces steeper than 7:12, or other sloped surfaces steeper than 40 degrees not otherwise adequately protected under the provisions of these Orders.”

I also found this interesting:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/105283-roof-mounts-fall-protection.html

I was called to do a quote today for window cleaning in/out and gutter cleaning as well. Get my ladder out to inspect the gutters and the danged things are clean, no debris. That was until I went to the back of the house. They have a birdcage pool and super gutter under the overhang of the cement tiles. There is no way to get my fingers in there let alone my hand or some sort of tool. The ends where the downspouts are accessible, but there is about 30 or 40 feet in between that I can’t reach. And, the screen on the birdcage is in bad shape. One touch and I own it.

Anyone run into poorly installed super gutters up so close to the roof tiles it can’t be serviced?

@Garry

Do you have any pics Garry?

You said you can access it from both end caps of the gutter…

(maybe remove both end caps, and use a 15degree tip (yellow) and/or a 0 degree and a pressure washer to blow the debris the full length and out the opposite end) ?!?!

Just thinking out loud…

whats the spool of wire for?
last year i started strapping my iphone to hthe end of my reach it push video and walk around the house.
this year i bought a go-pro for the pole linked to phone bingo bongo bango.

Just a screen shot if this works. I don’t have a pressure setup.

Well, thats a tough one. :slight_smile:

The pressure washer idea is the only one that I see that would be an effective way to handle it.
Im sure there some way to do it, but the key is the client willing to pay for the effort.

Like you said “i doubt this customer would be willing to pay my fee for such an endeavor”

Maybe just pass on this one, would be the reasonable answer here.

1 Like

Yep. I left a voicemail for her that I would be happy to clean her windows, but the installers should come out and offer a solution for cleaning out the gutter. They are out of town right now.

1 Like

Surprised me. I declined the gutters and she gave me a $50 tip! Plus she wants me back next quarter. Life is good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes!! Finally a legitimate excuse to convince my wife to let me buy one of these bad boys!!

1 Like