Help with Business name/Logo

Nicely done!

Are you able to make the email address shorter? Personally, i think it looks a little much with capitals, lower case and then capitals again.

Its not case sensative so technically it would be
[email protected].

I put the capital letters so people can read it better. I want to make sure they type it in correctly so there is no issues contacting me. I guess trying to limit human error, so capital letters help them not miss letters

1 Like

Most States require you to apply for authorization to collect sales tax as well. I know here in New York State, if you charge tax on services, but are not authorized to do so, you will face heavy fines and possible jail time…They do not mess around with that stuff.

2 Likes

@whitehorse67 i just ment do i need to charge to start out. Obv i would make sure i do the proper paperwork…dont wanna pay anymore outta pocket ha

1 Like

It doesn’t come from your pocket it comes from your customers pocket. You’re supposed to save it and pay the state like the rest of us suckers paying state taxes.

2 Likes

Not to beat a dead horse…Many here may disagree, but that is something you need to have set up before you do any jobs…, There are some Commercial accounts who will want to see a copy of your Authorization Certificate. Not having one could cost you a client. When I started out on my business, the advice I got from my local Small Business Development Center was…get that authorization before you do anything…In NY State, it cost me zero dollars…and it only took a week or 10 days to get the Certificate in the mail. Not sure what it is where you are…there should be a website where you can apply right online.

EDIT:…By the way…it’s a great logo…something like that will stick in people’s minds…very recognizable.

3 Likes

So far my research has told me (along with people here), i need:
Register my business name
Get EIN
File for LLC or Corp.
Get insurance
Pound the pavement
HAVE FUN

Hope i didn’t miss anything…

1 Like

You pretty much got it…except for one MAJOR requirement…Have fun! Haha!..If you’re a service oriented and people person like I am…You are gonna LOVE pounding the pavement.I had some downtime yesterday and handed out 300 door tags…beautiful weather…(between thunderstorms)…and great exercise. Exchanged cards with several lawn care guys and Painters…Now I need some calls to come in!

For now, I just got my DBA because I am on my own, but plan to get an LLC next spring…if you can do the LLC now,definitely go for it.

2 Likes

You forgot one little one:
Clean lots and lots of windows

1 Like

Thats having fun…or at least it should be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grin::smile:

Also add get a dedicated bank account for your business. That keeps everything cleaner. Each bank’s requirements are different. Mine needed an EIN and proof that my business was legally registered with the state.

2 Likes

So my fiance decided we are staying in TX. So no need for snow removal now lol but longer season for cleaning windows. So i adjusted my card…any feedback?

(For the back i put this way so i can simple circle what they want. Now i understand if they want multiple quotes it may get complicated…but i can give 2 cards so they can hold them side by side and if they misplace 1 they have another lol)

Just make sure that “logo” is not trade marked. :wink:

1 Like

I dont believe it is. But not exactly sure how to check. My gf drew it based off another 1…but yes very similar.

Can you trademark a :heavy_check_mark:? Lol

Ocean State Window Cleaning is definitely taken. I used to work for them :wink:

As far as OP, sounds like you are my competition lol! RI is a small state so basically the whole state is a free for all. Are you north or south?

To help with the original post: try Fiverr. Cheap and easy and someone does the work for you! Good luck and see you out there :sunglasses:

Actually we decided to stay in Texas. So no competition lol

Oh there’s competition. You just haven’t come across them yet.

I ment between me and him now that i wont be in ri lol

1 Like