Hose Reel on DI system

See how we put hose reel on our DI system.
No having to carry a separate hose reel.
See that many people that have a trolley set up haven’t got a place to put a reel that can hold a lot of hose/tubing.
As you can see that it can be removed and put on easily as well.
And because the handle of trolley has a slight angle on it allows you to pull it without the trolley falling forward.
As seen in the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RayGx-dQRt0

2 Likes

Another cheap DIY window cleaner invention that’s been done and perfected at half the price, half the good looks, and more of your personal time wasted making something instead of cleaning windows.

1 Like

A little Harsh, don’t you think? :joy:

3 Likes

@HE_MAN likes to invent, re-invent, modify and share. over the years his videos have helped many and led to ideas going into production and being used by thousands of window cleaners.

1 Like

I’ve seen his videos, I’m aware of what he does.

I am just saying, you could go buy these same things and know it will work if you want to spend a few bucks.

It’s weird seeing window cleaners that make so much an hour not willing to part with a few hundred bucks to make their day to day easier.

This is to put your reel on your DI Set up.
Without it tipping over when pulling the hose out.
As see that most people have there reels separate to there DI system.
And it was never about saving $$$$ it was to make something to work better or different way of doing , setting up tools etc.
Only few month ago Sorbo brought out there new type of squeegee that had an improvement on it that I had done long while ago that made it easier to squeegee into the corners.

3 Likes

It’s weird, my 500 dollar DIY custom built RO system outperforms the 2300+ dollar Junior my friend has. I tried to tell him, 500 dollars and you have everything you need…he is calling me asking “why doesn’t the water come out like yours”. Well, I did my research…lol

We aren’t talking a couple hundred dollars here @ProWindowCleaning , more like 1500. You take that 1500 saved and invest it into marketing…people are getting too comfy buying it all “ready made” and people don’t seem to understand this isn’t rocket science, the pure water technology has been around for decades…everyone just wants shiny new toys. Hey, it’s their money, I’d rather put it in the bank or put the MONEY SAVED into my business. One of my best friends is an engineer who now owns his own window/pressure wash/roof/paver sealing business…his “inventions” like you mention saved him 10,000+ dollars over the time.

If you don’t know how to connect hoses, and go to Home Depot to find fittings— how are you …running a large business? LOL, do it yourself, learn it, teach your employees how to use it-- save money, put it into your business.

Then again, our business is filled with people who think because you have a 50k truck (with a 700 dollar a month car payment for 5-6 years), that you will be a BETTER WINDOW CLEANER than a guy who doesn’t need flash and has say a regular early 2000s Nissan Frontier. LOL, laughable at best to me. Wrong message to send new people-- and these are the people who go into heavy debt financing “all the toys” when they don’t even have enough business to support 200 dollars worth of tools.

3 Likes

Herman has put out so many great videos. I am a fan, and will continue to be in the future. You are doing a great deed posting these. Not everyone has to spend thousands of dollars…the results ARE THE SAME. Only as good as the window cleaner using it. Remember that.

I was going to buy the Tucker 4060 dual RO unit— then I realized why do I need 2 ROs, I’m a one man operation and if I need a boost, or if I want to run 2 poles—I will bring out my Wayne utility pump for 140 dollars. It’s window cleaning guys, not open heart surgery lol.

2 Likes

Agreed that it’s not open heart surgery, but I also would rather buy something that works right out of the box.

I have the Xero pure jr and it’s amazing. I’ve used DI tanks in the past and blown through resin. With this system I don’t even have to question if I may kick a tank in the middle of a job.

It’s also not open heart surgery to connect like 4 hoses and get pure water.

I’ve got that connected to a hose reel, I pull up, plug in my water inlet, get the hose out and get to cleaning windows.

Do whatever you’d like to clean glass, I would rather spend a couple bucks up front than spend my hours building and fiddle-fucking around with something that may or may bot work well.

I started with just a DI tank and made a whole lot of money, my one regret was cheaping out on a pole at the start.

1 Like

I’m not arguing with you by any means, ProWindowCleaning. You have valid points, I have read your posts in the past – you are an experienced cleaner and I respect your contributions to the forum.

My mentor had been cleaning windows since the 1970s. I learned the old school ways (giving it 110 percent, personable, punctual). He came down with dementia about a year ago, and within 6 months he is not even able to drive anymore. The guy was working in his 80s. Not because he had to, he had workers to do the jobs-- he just loved the business. Talking to customers that you have had for 20-30 years, you become an extension of their family. I really respected him, that guy was all hustle and sales. Sad to see dementia take that down, I had worked for him for 15+ years.

I have always felt window cleaning is a brotherhood, as we are such a niche trade. I guess I am different, I see a window cleaner on the street and I will stop my truck and say hello, see how he’s doing, etc. Networking is great. I have found out it’s not WHAT you know, but WHO. I don’t see the other guys in my area as “THE COMPETITION”. There is glass everywhere, you know? We all left the “rat race” behind a long time ago.

1 Like

I’m friends with almost all of the local guys around me. If I see them working I go over and talk shop.

My time is more valuable cleaning windows than it is fiddle fucking around with a Frankenstein tool idea.

My time not working is spent with my family and not thinking about window cleaning.