How many storefronts can you clean in a day

I agree…

Hey @luke3636 started this thread where’d he go …LOL :wink:

Reanna and I on average clean about 25 storefronts a day

3 Likes

So negative. I hope things are going well for you man.

7 Likes

I agree! Still single myself but I sometimes imagine it would be really nice to work together as a husband and wife team (except when you’re mad at each other lol). The videos with Luke and Reanna are heart-warming.

2 Likes

I’ll give a better response of our numbers tonight lol started the thread then passed put and back at it again…

2 Likes

I don’t move particularly fast, as I’m very detail oriented, but did 230 panes in a day last week with two restaurants and 11 other storefronts. 1/4 were in/out.

I have to stack my storefronts and restaurants into clusters over weekends or random days when I don’t have residential.

2 Likes

Link please! XD

The best way to handle that is to dedicate certain day(s) or a certain week of the month to your route work. Then that leaves all the rest of the time for your residential accounts.

4 Likes

I agree! Right now we have tue,wed and half day on friday’s for storefronts. We try and service 2-3 homes monday and thursday then finish up our routes on friday morning and finish with another home. Lately we have been using sat as well to service another 2 homes like we will do tomorrow. We are pushing the envelope I feel like for the 2 of us. We are servicing right at 60 stores between tues and wed. We are working right at 12 hours to do so and travel around 100 miles. about 30 of those are just to get to the first job and then at the end of the day to come home. We have gone over our schedule multiple times and keep finding better ways to route which has helped a lot. I started the thread just to see what your guys days are looking like for route work. Not to have folks go watch my channel. T Grove chill buddy. :wink:

4 Likes

How far on average are you guys traveling for your storefront routes? Is a 30 to 50 mile loop reasonable?

1 Like

Right now the furthest we go is 35. If you have a full route 75 miles out thats priced right i think it reasonable.

Im looking to build a route which is 75 there and 75miles back home. (Stops along the whole route)

so yes 30-50 round trip is reasonable…

I live out in the boonys so we need to travel.

1 Like

Sounds like you my need a third person. As time progress your only going to get bigger faster. 60 stores between tues and wed are full days what happens if you guys pick up another account with 10+ stores or god forbid one of you gets sick or hurt, put a plan/system in place so your covered brother!

1 Like

We have a back up guy. We just added a bi weekly account of 12 stores to weekly so we are already seeing what to do. We are going to try and hold on for the summer. Grow the storefronts this fall/winter and then hire. Well both at the same time most likley. What’s your storefront numbers ?

3 Likes

That good Luke! You got the plan in place.
Here’s my number …lol

Route work is currently 12 days a month, just signed on a large group of stores today and a commerial account. So that should push it to 14 days.
We focused all our attention to route and small commercial work and it transformed the business for the better, it makes feel better to! :blush:

4 Likes

My Boss and I can clean between 30-35 storefronts in around 8-9 hours. We both use standard brass on brass Ettorre squeegees. One usually tackles the tops (Higher Windows that require a pole, or half a large tall window) and the other comes behind doings bottoms, doors, and detailing. When the person with the higher windows finishes anything requiring a pole, they work backwards and we usually meet about 3/4. Our belts consist of Ungers GREEN BOB and a combo scraper/small squeegee holder. Our main squeegee in the BOB is a 16.5"" Squeegee, then in the leather combo holder a 7" mini squeegee mainly used for ledges, Triumph 6" Scraper. A small 2" scraper held in the BOB pouch, 18" Unger White Wand(Scrubber). The lead guy(Pole work) will have all the above plus a 22" Brass on Brass Ettorre squeegee, and a 22" Unger White Wand. We carry a 2x1’ Cotton towel, which we only detail doors with. Usually the towel rests on our combo holder. Some common errors I see with window cleaners is they was the glass multiple times(Just go twice MAX unless its a door), and they are not using the entire length of their squeegees to their advantage, ,especially when doing polework with wagtails!(We never use wagtails on commercial glass it slows us down) Straight pulls from the pole, and corner to corner technique on the reachable windows.(Never take the squeegee off the glass unless really necessary) But the route work is also all under a 5 mile radius each day.

5 Likes

Whats the average pane count per store? Are you guys just doing exteriors or in/outs?

1 Like

So one guy is standing there waiting while the other guy starts the tops. Na … Couldn’t do it.

I would rather pull while he is wetting them up , get all he stick work done then I’ll go to one end an you go to the the other, an finish the bottoms , an doors an what not

An what Steve says 35 stores great … But how big are they ? Are they all the same are you doing in/out

3 Likes