How many storefronts can you clean in a day

and you could have a sweet bike set up and everything, but no your to good for route work…! :wink:

1 Like

If I did store front now I would buy a motor scooter that gets like 80 miles +per gallon and just park it on the curb in front of the store front. It would be a blast. I would just have a bucket with my washer and squeegees inside, a leather shame, sponge, and extention pole. That’s all you need! Oh and a helmet.

5 Likes

lol ur squeegee guy must not have been too fast I needed 2 wetter uppers to keep up with me :stuck_out_tongue:

The guy wetting should never let the guy with the squeeze wait. Other wise your fired. Naa. With 2 guys that’s the best way to do high stick work , or if your working in direct sunlight.

1 Like

Lol. Not quite. We were just double time on the wetting. It was more of a race which makes you go way faster than you thought possible. If you had to squeegee because the guy squeegeeing wasn’t going fast enough (or you were cooking it) then it was a victory for you and a defeat for the guy running the squeegee. On the flip side if the guy wetting was do no everything to smoke you but you just keep catching up to him then you put him in his place. All in good fun of course. It also helped that we were both partners and owners. It can be tuff to get an employee to work that fast.

4 Likes

What kinda gear are running when you do those number @Skipper. I read you use Ledge Eze for your handle a majority of the the time, what size and type of channels you running, just curious?

1 Like

Totally agree. Got to hit those deadlines!

Thanks for filling me in!

1 Like

Every glass technician should learn those principles.[quote=“Skipper, post:111, topic:37832, full:true”]
Those panes were 3ft X 3ft
[/quote]

I remember you saying that in your post.

I agree [quote=“Skipper, post:114, topic:37832, full:true”]
Thanks for asking… In my mind it was a real achievment…
[/quote]

No problem! Those numbers are something to be proud about!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast?

Absolutely. Bang on.

I actually charge $50/hr and it is always a challenge to make more than that with efficiency and laser focus. I do often make $75/per and it feels gooooood…

1 Like

Can someone make it one? I would LOVE this!

I used to work in a warehouse and was obsessed with placing scanners in more logical locations, putting the product in a specific order, placing frequently used items within arm’s reach, etc. At first my managers resisted my innovations claiming the crew shouldn’t be lazy. I explained that every step you can eliminate will only create more output in addition to a less fatigued crew, which translates into less mistakes and again more output. When i trained guys on building crates or loading containers i always would tell them to practice slowly but perfectly first and then speed will come on its own.

I absolutely love efficiency and am eager to learn and discover ways to implement it in window cleaning.