How much to charge. First job

Is a great day any where my friend! :wink:

Church’s seem to come with a lot of little issue that add up.

I think God would want you to charge at least $500. Then donate $50 of that to charity. :slight_smile:

If that were my first job, I would honestly have someone teach you how to clean windows traditionally, and learn proper ladder work. Give him/her half for the help, and maybe stick with the person for a while to learn a bit. That’s what I did.

Back to the question. I would charge $690 for a detailed clean. Perhaps $500 is reasonable if it’s your first job. Make sure it’s cool if it takes you a long time. It’ll be great on the job practice as you’ll likely have to use both hands on a steep set to hit all of the glass.

Good post!

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone mention the possibility of getting the congregations house Windows. To me it would be worth going a little low and being the talk of board meeting or whatever the next couple of months. You know They gossip

1 Like

I had to read this three times to understand exactly what you were saying.

For sure you can probably get some members to get you to clean their windows, but it probably help if you were popular in the congregation.

I’ve never searched churches because I’m crazy, but I’m sure you can work something out.

I’d probably be somewhere around 750 if I wanted it and the fact that it’s a church. 950 if we were swamped and it was a regular business. Considering it’s your first job, 550 will get you the job. If they think that’s high, pass. That is still good money for your first gig, even if you split it with your buddy.

Nice job to get your feet wet. There are lot’s of different types and height levels to practice on.

Keep us posted, I’m curious how long it will actually take you.

I bid $575. Haven’t heard back. I bet they didn’t realize how much window cleaning costs and they won’t do it at all.