How much water is used when using a WFP?

I am interested in getting into WFP usage but here is my concern. Many of my customers love the whole green idea and although I get no chemicals or soaps being used what about the amount of water being wasted in the process? With some of the videos I have watched it seems as if there is a lot of water being wasted in the whole cleaning process. Thanks for any info provided in advance.

1 Like

Check out my blog John Lee Waterfed and Window Cleaning Supplies Harvesting rain water

1 Like

Since there is more water used w/ pure water cleaning than w/ traditional methods I don’t know that it would count as green. Of course traditional methods w/ cleaning agents aluminum channels, rubber (read petroleum product), etc would be considered green either.
As for how much water is used it depends on the type of cleaning your doing (first clean, maintenance clean, etc) and the size of the job (large commercial; small, medium, or large residential; etc).
On my monthly residential maintenance jobs I use a back pack as my pure water delivery system and on a small to medium house I can use under 5 gallons of pure water.

1 Like

RO systems produce up to (and more?) a 4:1 ratio of waste:pure water. My waste water is always diverted to landscaping where possible.

1 Like

Exactly, Larry. If you bring enough waste hose, I would venture to say that you could always put the waste water to good use. It might even be a cool “green feature” to add to your invoice a place where the techs could write in “plants that were deeply watered______________________” so that the homeowner knows not to water those plants for a while. Just a thought I just had. We’ve intentionally watered plants for a while but we have yet to leverage the point I just brought up.

1 Like

I use a 4 gallon back pack most of the time. I can clean approximately 10 double hung windows per tank. Takes me about 30 minutes. I don’t use much water because my brush is a European design with small pencil jets and the bristles are hog’s hair so they hold a lot of water, which means less spraying.

2 Likes