How much would insurance cost for a window cleaning business

Hi, i am planning on starting a window cleaning business. The one thing i need to know is how much does insurance usually cost per year or month. I am looking into getting general liability insurance that covers around 1 million dollars. How much do you think this will cost me. Also, do businesses want the window cleaners to have at least a million dollar policy on them.

I carry 1 million for up to 3 stories. Runs about 60 bucks a month. You can easily get away with a 200k or 500k policy if your getting started. (Just the fact that you have insurance will separate you from many companies out there.

Larger Properties (hotels, mid rise may want between 2-5m) Property Management companies that I do work for only require 500k.

Either way its only a few bucks for to go for a full 1M in coverage.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking you need at least 1 million for liabilty insurance. But i might go for the 500k policy, but 60 dollars is a good deal. I hope i can find a deal like that in my area. I was just planning on doing up to three stories for now.

It seems like we have much lower rates around here compared to other parts of the country (from what I’ve read here) but I pay just over $450 a year for $2,000,000 in liability.

Use an agent and let them shop around for you.

450 a year for 2 million in liability isn’t that bad. I will just talk to an agent and see what deal i can get

Question to ask I am pressure washer company can I use pw insurance or am I going to need different insurance.

Check with your insurance agent.

Another question do you all have bound also and how much do you have.

Bond? Do you you have employees?

No I know some customers ask me if I am bonded

I pay $100 per year for a $10,000 bond.

Initially, I purchased it for marketing purposes. Some property management and commercial accounts require it, even if one has no employees.

Ryan,

I’m also in Central Texas & Just getting started. Would you mind sharing your agents info, I’m shopping around right now. and it sounds like you’ve got a good deal.

Thanks,

Mark

Ryan, does that cover gutter cleaning, and pressure washing too? I pay more than double that, but my agent said it will go down a lot after the first year. Did you pay more your first year?

Hey guys I am in california. I need to know if anyone knows of a good insurance company with cheep rates like you guys are talking about.

1 Like

I have Liberty Mutual. They are in CA I believe. An independent agent should be able to help you. As a matter of fact, my agent works in CA also. Leroy Redding. EZR Insurance his office is Nampa Idaho. Google him out of Nampa but as I said he has a license in CA and works in both states.

If you use Leroy, tell him I referred you. I clean his res windows.

Where are you and who is your agent?

1. What state are you in? 2. what type of window cleaning, what type of buildings, height etc?

Any recommended insurance companies?

Have just renewed my policy, I now do general building too so my PL insurance including general building is £120 per year. The advantge (since I do guttering too) is that is covers me to 15m plus up to and including 4 storey. Results all round as UK WC insurance is usually restrictive!