How much would you charge?

You have a 49 glass count possible job at a retail store. it is made up of 4 glass doors two 30inch high and two door wide transiums and 43 knee high to top of transium high 3 foot wide windows.(Short pole work on all but the doors)
All glass is to be cleaned monthly in & Out and all glass has an after market window tint film inside.
To be invoice & paid in 30 days.
[B]How much would you charge and how little would you accept for the job?[/B]
I will tell my answer after I get some of yours, and why I am even asking this question!
Thanks for your answers.
Matt
[/IMG]

If you want to get it, $75-95 a month. Personally,Cause I hate commercial, I would bid at $145 and see if they bit

Thanks for pricing it out Joshua.
You sound a lot like me, if I really do not like a job, then I will price it high enough that if I have to do it, then the $ ease my pain!

Who else will price this out, you will be shocked to read my real experience with this one.
I will not embarrass you, show me how you would bid this one WCR fans!
Matt

I’m a minimum $2 per pane commercial/storefront and that’s if it’s a basic clean. If its some gas station or someplace with a bunch of crap all over the windows then the price goes up quickly.

So I’m in the same ballpark as Josh. If I wanted it $90, if I didn’t–$170+

And yes I know that $90 is less than $2 per pane w/49 windows. Discount for being monthly.

Thanks for your reply, I am going to shock you with the rest of the story, But I am holding out to see if anyone else is much different on pricing like if it is January and $ is tight? Do you stick to your prices or what?
WCR fans what would you do?

The suspense is killing me! I would charge $200 for a first clean, and then $160 for the monthly cleanings

Sounds intriguing… like Paul Harvey-- I want to hear the rest of the story! Don’t keep us in suspense too long;)
In the mean time, I’ll wager a $1 that says you probably picked it up at like $300 a month or something.

If it was in an area I already worked $75 would be my bottom dollar. It would take me 45 minutes.

OK, here is the rest of the story… About 4 years ago I took a Coach store on through a National Vender. My first experience with a national vender by the way, and this Coach was in a outdoor shopping mall that has around 100 various retail shops. My usual pricing would be about $2 per window in & out. But I saw this as a foot in the door to the shopping area, so I priced it at $1.75 per window and got it.
I did get about three more store to service at a fair price, so OK so far.
Then in Jan 2008 the same National company ask me to bid on the one above that you just bid on. My normal pricing would be $98 ( $2 X 49 = $98) but its January, I am already cleaning the Coach store only a few hundred feet away from this new one, so I bid $85 to get it right. They told me the most they could pay on this store is $40 take it or leave it. I took it!
Now I know you think that was the shocker, right. Oh no it doesn’t end there…Here is an e-mail I got yesterday from this National vender.

[I][B]Hi Matt,

We have been contacted by Company Name corporate to inform us that they have received a significantly lower price from another vendor for the window cleaning service at store 6627 in Ohio Town .

They have asked us to meet the price in order to retain the store. As such, we need to know if you will be able to adjust your payout from $40 to $30 per I/O cleaning.

We have agreed and hope that you will be able to work with us in order to maintain this service.

Please confirm that you will be able to continue to do this cleaning for $30 per service.

We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to work with you on this store.

Thanks,

Linda[/B][/I]

That was a shock for me! Below is the reply I sent back to this National company.

Linda , I am sorry that Company store is putting you in such a position. When I started my business 8 years ago a bargain price to clean was $1 per window or door. Today I charge $2. Company store has 49 windows that get a power wash mist every month leaving deposits on them left from the over spray of their sidewalk cleaning.
They have 49 pieces of glass which a fair price should be $98 I think the quote I gave you was originally $85 but you said the most you could do was $40 that’s less than 82 cents per window. You had me doing the Coach just walking distance away so I said yes. Now you are asking me to take 61 cents per window.
I’m sorry 62 cents per window, I can’t do, this is too little for the job & drive time it eats up.
I am scheduled Thursday 04-07-2011 to do the coach in & Out and Company store as well.
do you want it done this time for the $40 or not. Please advise me.
I will still do the Coach if you want, even without Company store.

Needless to say I will no longer be cleaning the $40 job anymore , but which window cleaner is going to do it 25% cheaper than I did, and how long before they try to go backwards again?
Now you have the rest of the shocking story!
Matt

Wow! These maintenance companies are ridiculous! The whole story sounds a little bit “fishy” to me :wink:

I would have liked to have that as an answer instead of the real one!

Man that’s a bunch of B.S.

You were already practically doing it for free and then they tell you that! Either there is a new Bucket Bob in town for the “weekend” or they were planning on putting that other $ in their own pocket. If they call you back when “Bob” goes out of biz, be sure to quote them at least $98.

And look on the Brightside-- I owe you a dollar.

Hey wait-- did the email show up on April 1st?

That’s not Linda Patrizio is it??

About that dollar , do you need me to accept 25% less as payment?
Ha Ha

It it was weekly and I had another store nearby maybe. But I am also looking to beef up my route work.

Actually, after the stamp and the cost of the envelope-- it will be about 30¢.

It would have made more sense if it had. Instead I felt like the fool, for taking the $40 to start with.

So let’s see with the cost of the money order is that about 70 cents I will owe you?
No more gambling for me!

Nah-- we all make pricing decisions that come back to haunt us later, that’s just learning how to do business.

You told them to go “pound sand”-- so your good.