How popular are the ninja channels?

Just curious. They seem so much thicker than the other channels because of those end caps.

• I love ninjas and they’re my go to squeegee
  • I love the handle but hate the channel
  • I love the channel but hate the handle
  • I hate everything about the ninja
  • I love the sorbo style wide body channels
  • I don’t care, I use traditional squeegees
  • Squirrel

0 voters

not as popular as the turtles.
oh that reminds me :notes: ooooo i love turtles :musical_note:.

1 Like

so i voted “i hate everything about the ninja” as well as voting “i love ninja’s they’re my go to squeegee” because the first is how i feel and the second is how my partner feels

3 Likes

I had to select like 4 options to reflect my sentiment most accurately.

I love the ninja handle that I own. But I’ve never used a ninja channel.

I love Sörbo style channels, though I love the Legend even better.

I still use traditional squeegees for the most part.

Squirrel. End of argument.

2 Likes

@JaredAI…

Squirrel…

They can carry the ninja channel in a holster…
…carry on with the build.

2 Likes

@JaredAI

Jared,
I voted love em, go to. But I’m all storefront. Also have never used Sorbo, Superchannel or Legend.

If i was resi, stainless steel Ettore or Moerman LQ.

Are you thinking of getting some ninjas?

2 Likes

@TheWindowCleanse Moerman LQ 2.0 are awesome on resi. Even better after you modify it. Little detailing needed.

I go back and forth with them on commercial though. I love not having to get annoyed with end clips, but they leave a lot of water on the edges in my opinion.

1 Like

Definitely. They need to start packaging zipties with those babies.

LQ? Or ninja?

1 Like

The ninjas. With the LQ I go a little slower and slightly miss the edge so I don’t slam the frame or have too much water on it.

What would the zip ties be for? I just put the end clips in boiling water to make them straight with the channel, then use Unger endclips to hold the rubber still in the channel.

The little green plastic clips from Unger just to be clear.

Slide into channel to keep rubber from sliding.

Yes, if trailing edge is against frame.

You can achieve zero detail with ninja. Check out Dmyth Revisited video.

4 Likes

Good to know. I’ll check it out. Thanks Jordie.

2 Likes

I’m interested because I just got my prototype boab printed!

It’s perfect for regular and wide body channels, but the ninja is tight. If I make the slots 1/16" bigger, it’ll be fine. It’s just that the ninja is the weird one out with a HUUUUGE footprint. So I was curious how many people actually use them.

Right now, Squirrel has more votes than the channel. I’ve got a ninja channel, but I’ve never actually used it on the glass. Just bought it to verify how big those end clips are.

I’ve got a few more design edits (just a hair wider here, a little narrower there) to do before I can start talking to molding companies, but it’s pretty sweet. I’m also going to start working on my design patent. :wink:

3 Likes

Man that would be great! If you could get a Pulex style boab that fit a ninja in all slots. The ninja bucket works, but I hate how the handles hang out. I always bang the handles on the glass or close to it.

Hope this works out for you. :+1:

1 Like

You use the ninja in the pulex? How’s the fit day in day out?

Well that’s why I go back-and-forth between that and the liquidator. It’s pretty snug and I get tired of it.

2 Likes

I love the ninjas that I received.

I am using the liquidator 2.0 with the excelerator for most things but I really love the wide body performance. Solid pressure with great results. Loving the clips as well. I also use them together. I use the moerman set up(12 inch, 18 coming soon) for the top and aides and then I’ll fan the rest with my 18 ninja. On bigger windows that is. Once I have an 18 inch moerman set up, I don’t know if I’ll use my ninja as much. Pointless to switch, unless I go from an 18inch moerman to my 36 ninja!

1 Like

Poll is broken. It adds up to 135%.

1 Like

It’s not supposed to add up to 100% because you can pick more than one option.

2 Likes

Can you use a squirrel on hydrophobic glass with hard water deposits?