How would you clean this? (hard to get at)

Between the balustrades and the window there, you can get a squeegee down into it. I’m not too fussed about that.

I’m more concerned about the left side of the picture, where the gap between the wall and the balustrade is much, much smaller, and you can’t really get your arm in there. (apologies, I don’t have a more direct photo)

Does anyone have any little tips on how I might clean this glass? It’s one of those designs where nobody thought of the cleaner… :cry:

Would have to use a pole of some sort. Perhaps the unger stingray.

1 Like

I can definitely get a mop down onto it, but what are the alternatives to removing the water with a squeegee… could I just rinse it?

It looks like the window lifts up.

2 Likes

Put a squeegee on a pole and push the water down instead of pulling it. Kinda like a snow plow. Backwards. The pole and your hand need to be very close to the window to achieve the proper angle. I do this all the time. Same edge of channel in the opposite direction. Does that make sense? Easy peasy

1 Like

@IronLionZion, I was referring to the balustrades - not the window. Sorry, I wasn’t very clear.

@BostonMike That seems like a great idea. I’ll give that a good go.

If you can mop it you can squeegee it

3 Likes

Wet towel/dry towel by hand

3 Likes

Yep, that’ll be the next best bet I’d say.

1 Like

When a piece of glass is out of reach by hand I rap my scrim around a small squeegee and buff the window dry with a pole after wetting it lightly with a mop. Kinda like an Unger Spray Pad Cleaning System on the fly. Haha
Easy peasy

1 Like

Thanks BostonMike, I’ll be sure to give it a crack.

I wrap it in a figure eight pattern so it doesn’t fall off or move around. Also to build up a few layers of cloth between the glass and the squeegee.

Try doing like this??

1 Like

I would, but the balustrade is right up against the wall. I can’t really get my arm down there.

But there’s room for a strip washer on the end of a pole, right?

@BostonMike I think so. I just found a much better photo of it. You can sort of see it on the right there - not much space.

1 Like

I’d go with my Unger Speed Cleaning pads and something like this.

It was a rectangular shape doodle bug before I modified it with a hack saw. It slides over the end of a window washing pole like a squeegee handle would.

I have one Unger micro fiber washing pad and five or six buffing pads. Handy when I need it.

I misunderstood you. It’s the balustrade not the window. Dah. Wasn’t reading closely.

Maybe you should just buy the kit for about $129 but if it’s just that one balustrade that seems expensive.

1 Like

If you can get in a a pole and a washer there - then it sounds possible to use a swivel zero degree squeegee and make vertical pulls.

I can’t really remember how big the gap is anymore… I’ll keep you posted.

I think a broom stick handle cut down to the right size would be a better choice than using a window washing pole.

1 Like