I need a new CRM. What do you use?

Support is good. Steve is always a phone call away. Always there if you need help.

that is the weakest part of tcf. there is only steve. if you get him he is great but at times it can be frustrating. i have never found anything better though.

It’s New View Window Cleaning in Toronto Canada.

Ya the costs were huge upfront, but the time saved from an admin point of view far out valued it in the first year. Plus my monthly fee is only expense not profit. It’s definitely a long term investment.

Where abouts are you located?

Agree with this exactly

Then it’s far away. I just found jobber to have great support & features but less functional than CF.

I like your write up of each company. There were a couple I didn’t try. I did look into service monster as well but that’s one that looked cluttered.

A big seller for me what actually all the support that you get with Jobber. They have staff that do trainings sessions with you till you have everything down. Since I am not the one doing the sales or scheduling this was important to have for our sales manager to be able to use. He can have weekly training till he understands everything and I can be hands off on that portion.

The part that I use is the reports portion to see the overall health of the company and what’s working with marketing. I do a lot of this manually which takes way too much time right now. So this was very appealing.

I agree about the calendar view it was a little goofy at first but personally it wasn’t a deal breaker. Like Cade said it’s easy to use the web version if needed when on a mobile device. The app is really for technicians and the web view is payed out really nicely for mobile so it works best for managing things.

If I didn’t choose CF I’d probably go with Jobber or Markate as my #2.

For the price of CF no other products come close

2 Likes

Price is not always my reason for picking a service. For us it was the actual customer support and features. Jobber rocks in this department. The price was very fair for what we got and we continue to like jobber more and more

Jobber, costs a little more per month but does everything I need and made a one man show easy to run. I have a couple guys now and it’s even easier combined with a call answering service.

My estimates and follow ups are all automated as well.

I’ve been very happy with ServiceMonster.

TCF is a good program, but it needs a lot of upgrading. The UI feels very 2005-ish.

1 Like

I’m just now looking for my first CRM, I’m sure this is mentioned somewhere but do any or all of these automatically or easily upload to quickbooks?

most do certainly the customer factor does. some charge extra for quickbooks connection so always check

just an added thought a crm is software designed for Customer Relationship Management
Field Service software is for managing crews and routes etc
accounting software is for invoices expenses etc

on this forum most references to crm software relate to product like the customer factor, jobber house call pro which are combinations of those 3 functons some being stronger in some areas non of which are full on dedicated crms.

i chose and have stayed with tcf because it has more features than i could find in anything else as a bonus it is far cheaper.

here’s and example of what i mean:
feature: “send emails” often this means you can send an email with an invoice attached but can you search your customer base and send an email to all customers how have hads service since any given date? or select all customers added last month a good old fashioned printed and snail-mailed letter of welcome and thanks.
edit:
i can with tcf

1 Like

limited choices…
Funny there is no ‘clear cut’ winner here.

• we pay, and yet we gripe… :frowning:

the 2 biggest complaints about tcf has been the look, and sometimes hard to get a hold of steve for help.

i just had a video demo from steve, the new user interface is great and the new features are great and he has been increasing his support staff which has been great now for quite awhile.

the new shopping cart is great.

the big propossal is great (you can list services as individual items or packages and the customer can check or uncheck as wanted and have access to as much sales in info as you want

the drip email campaigns are great

the new map and scheduling enhancements are great.

i feel like tony the tiger (THE’RRRRRE GREAT! and no i do not get any type of kick back except the lowest priced fullest featured crm/field service combo available.

Has anyone used yardbook as their crm?

I know it’s for landscaping, however it looks to be adaptable to our industry.

I’d like to use tcf or jobber down the road, however I can’t justify them right now after.

@Deanswc thank you for starting this thread. @Denver13
thank you for the detailed replies on this thread. It’s one of the epic threads on the forum in my opinion.

Try reading threads before 2013ish

1 Like