I won some Radio Advetising. Need some ideas

Need some help on Radio advertising. Anyone have any experience with it. I have a meeting with the guy tomorrow. Like what type of station to have it on. They country, rock, sports, mix, etc. Thanks,

Justin

Depends on your demographic. I would think a good spot would be any news talk or money report stations might be a better place to target those w/ a higher disposable income.

Yeah this guy your meeting with will definitely have demographic reports on income and age brackets… Think about what your most common type of customer fits into.

Woman / 35 - 55 years of age? See what his reports say about that.

Sounds good.

I’m also thinking of going radio - love to see how it pans out for you.

Well fellas…
I just finished a 6 day campaign on the radio. AM600 KOGO here in San Diego.
They have the number one slot for the ratings catergory, they got DR.Laura, Chip Franklin, Rush Limbaugh, and Roger Hedgecock. I had 14 commercials, if you want to hear them you will hear 2 different versions, both played. Commercial version, and residential version. http://www.ewindowwashing.com/window_cleaning.php and this one http://www.ewindowwashing.com/commercial_window_cleaning.php

I was all excited waiting for the phone to ring after it ran…I got only one call out of the whole campaign!!!

Radio has a very good ROI, but there is a way to do it that will get you calls.

DO NOT RUN ADS WITHOUT------

A catchy phone number that people can remember.

You need a hook, if you plan to just give it a try for a week like me…give them a reason to call!

Pick your demographic, and they will have all the paperwork on it already. If you are going for commercial accounts, give an incentive for them to call. Remember who the people are that usually call you. Its usually a woman, a secretary, receptionist, homeowner. So, keep them in mind.

For your time slots, pick wisely.
These women at the workplace, what station do they listen to? Would you rather run your ad in the “morning drive”, “evening drive” or both?

If you plan to stay in for the long haul, dont stay with just one station, go with many and spread it out. They wont all be the same price either. The number one radio station may be 200-300 dollars per 30 second spot, and for a number 5 station, as little as 150 bucks!

Just dont do like I did and not have a hook. Trust me, the next batch will be much better!
Good luck.

Talked to the guy today. I won $1000 worth. Prices are:
Rock Station $50 each time it runs. Adults 18-49
Adult Go Hits? $20 Adults 25-54
Classic Hits $25 Adults 25-49
Country $35 Adults 25-54
Soft AC? $25 Adults 35+
Sports $10 ESPN AM station. Adults 18+

Im going with the Soft AC the play Barry Manilow, Celine Dion, James Taylor etc.

He’s going to right the script and I have to read it at the station. I’ll let you guys critique the script.

WOW! Thoses are great prices! Can you spread out your commercials to all the stations? Did you get the income and percentage of homeowners (and home value) on these age groups?

Do you have a good hook? Good luck, you should do pretty good, and good luck!!

No prices on the homes. This is what he came up with. Don’t really like it. What do you guys think what should I add or subtract.

Thanks,

Justin

ANNOUNCER:
ATTENTION HOMEOWNERS! DID YOU KNOW THAT A SIMPLE WINDOWN CLEANING HELPS THE RESELL VALUE OF YOUR HOME? THAT’S CORRECT, A SIMPLE WINDOW WASH PROVIDES A 768% RETURN ON THE INVESTMENT.

JUSTIN:
HI, THIS IS JUSTIN ALVAREZ FROM CAROLINA CLEAN AND YOUR PANE IS MY PASSION. WE’RE A LOCAL PROFESSIONAL WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY AND PROVIDE SERVICES ON RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS. EVERYTHING FROM INTERIOR TO EXTERIOR CLEANING TO PRESSURE WASHING. WE SERVICE THE HILTON HEAD, BLUFFTON AND BEAUFORT AREAS. CAROLINA CLEAN PROVIDES A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE YOU DON’T’ PAY A PENNY. WE ALSO PROVIDE A 30 RAIN GUARANTEE. YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH YOUR SERVICE. YOU HAVE MY WORD.

ANNOUNCER:
FOR AN EXCLUSIVE OFFER TO A FREE SCREEN CLEANING, CALL (843) 521-7077, 521-7077 OR VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT CAROLINA DASH CLEAN .COM. OPEN MONDAY – SATURDAY, 8AM – 6PM. CAROLINA CLEAN, YOUR PANE IS OUR PASSION

It looks good, but you should go to Chris’ post on “Cool website” and watch the small video that is on there about offers. He says that the attention grabber should be something that the person cares about…resell value of the home only matters if they are selling right? Maybe I am wrong, but maybe an offer of some sort, like how about calling one of your customers that has say a resturant and see if you can buy some gift certs for cheap, or even make a deal with a cruise ship…you can get tickets for 50 bucks if you buy 10 of them. Get movie passes…something that you can give away…for the first so many callers.
You can even ask the people at the station what has worked for some of their advertisers for quick ROI and get some suggestions.

I may be wrong but the ad sounds like mine alittle, where its just getting the name out there. To me it doesnt have much of a call to action. Just my opinion.

Yeah I’m going to work on it. The only food places are a burger joint and a pizza place.

Nothing wrong with that, burgers and pizza are great vehicles for Bacon! Who doesn’t love Bacon.:smiley:

Changed it a little bit not much. Still sounds boring.

ANNOUNCER:
ATTENTION HOMEOWNERS! DID YOU KNOW THAT A SIMPLE WINDOW CLEANING HELPS THE RESELL VALUE OF YOUR HOME? THAT’S CORRECT, A SIMPLE WINDOW WASH PROVIDES A 768% RETURN ON THE INVESTMENT.

JUSTIN:
HI, THIS IS JUSTIN ALVAREZ FROM CAROLINA CLEAN AND YOUR PANE IS MY PASSION. WE’RE A LOCAL PROFESSIONAL WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY AND PROVIDE SERVICES ON RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS. EVERYTHING FROM INTERIOR TO EXTERIOR CLEANING TO PRESSURE WASHING. WE SERVICE THE HILTON HEAD, BLUFFTON AND BEAUFORT AREAS. CAROLINA CLEAN PROVIDES A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE YOU DON’T’ PAY A PENNY. WE ALSO PROVIDE A 7 RAIN GUARANTEE. YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH YOUR SERVICE. YOU HAVE MY WORD.

ANNOUNCER:
FOR AN EXCLUSIVE OFFER TO A FREE SCREEN CLEANING, CALL (843) 521-7077, 521-7077 OR VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT CAROLINA DASH CLEAN .COM. CAROLINA CLEAN, YOUR PANE IS OUR PASSION