I'm back

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hello again. It’s been a very very long time. My name is Ray. I owned/own NJ window washing and not sure how many of the guys from the old site are still around. Just wanted to say hello. My back story, I was in the military for 10 years and got out in 2007. Started window cleaning and was doing pretty well, business was growing steady. Ups and downs here and there. Mostly with employees. In early 2009 I got a letter that I was being called back in. Totally sucked and threw a monkey wrench into my company. I tried running it while away but it was impossible so I kind of shut the door. I left my website up (which drove me nut when I would get calls and have to turn down the business). But after being back in for 3 years and a stint in Afghanistan I figure I would ride out the last 7 years to get my 20 years and pull a retirement. Well I’ve got 3 years to pull 20 but have been offered an early full retirement next year and I’m taking it. So I’m starting up again from scratch, going to make a new company name and go part time on the weekends and then roll full time once retired. Anyway hows things been in the window cleaning world? Everyone make it past this bas economy over the last 8 years ok?

17 Likes

Welcome back Ray.

Holy Wow Ray Welocome Back!

Ray is a WCR OG - signed up back on week 1 - 2007

8 Likes

Early retirement…very nice. You haven’t missed a thing…

1 Like

Welcome back

Thanks man. I’m back in Jersey for good now. I can’t believe how fast 7 years went by. Last I heard you sold the window cleaning company and just into supplies right? Looks like you’re doing well, which everyone knew you would. Little girl has to be big now? I got a 2 year old boy now. Hows Alex?

Oh yeah. When I saw the paperwork with the projected numbers for next year I was ready to sign in blood. Mortgage will be set on autopay and I won’t be looking back. lol

Bring back the avatar with the Humvee!

That was a staple of my “growing up on WCRA” days. Back when I was too chicken to post anything

Welcome back

1 Like

Never had that avatar. Mine was darth vader head lol

1 Like

howdy

1 Like

Oops. Fail!

Thanks for your service to our country, welcome back!

1 Like

Hello and welcome (back). Your service is appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome back, and hope for great things in your business.

Good to see old faces coming back. :+1:

1 Like

I know who you’re talking about. Thought it was the same person too. And didnt he go back to the military too? I think he was considering selling when he went back in.

Welcome back, oldtimer!

Hey Ray, welcome back.

RAY!

I always wondered if you would be back :slight_smile:

Welcome home to the Dirty Jerz!

Hey Chris. Nice to see you’re still around. How’s things been?