Infinity-Cleaning-Mobile 2.0

That’d be a shame. He has ‘gone dark’ for periods of time before. Maybe he just needed a break? :unamused:

I went with the VanTech roof rack on my Ford Transit. I have been very happy with the quality and design. The mounting anchors were easy to install and hold the rack firmly to the roof. Like you said, it only took one day to arrive at my doorstep. The only issue I have is that I sometimes get some wind noise. They don’t offer a solution other than placing a piece of tape on the underside of the rack where there is a hole in the channel. Keep us updated, Thanks.

1 Like

progress update:

Ladder rack and NMO (permanent) cell antenna installed

4 Likes

Nice rack Alex! :wink:

Thanks Steve :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re not kidding… Thing whistles like a tea kettle anytime I go over 40mph. I’m going to try and find some weatherstripping or panel gap filler to fit in there. Not real thrilled about the tape option

That rack looks really nice Alex. Did you drill and install your self?
Why it didn’t go in to the rails where the black molding is? Is it wider?

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, I did the install. Wouldn’t have it any other way :slight_smile:

I wanted to be able to do that so badly. Unfortunately, the tracks are about 1/4" wider than the channels in the roof.

Every time I drive this car, I start wishing that I could just take a week or two off work and finish it up exactly the way I want it. But I am grateful that I have the option of taking my time with it. Thanks everyone for sharing in this journey with me :blush:

1 Like

I noticed you didn’t have the black rubber that goes in the top of the bar. That may help the wind noise. Mine come from underneath the bar. That is where they said to place the tape. Still not a great solution. I attached a pic of my rack from the top.

Yeah, for some reason they didn’t give me any rubber bar guards. It looks like it should fit in the channel underneath, the same as on top. You could just order some extra from amazon:

I still think I’d prefer to find a some type of a vinyl insert, in white. :grin:

Ok, check this out: http://m.homedepot.com/p/855-1-4-in-x-1-3-8-in-x-8-ft-PVC-Composite-White-FRP-Divider-Moulding-0085508011/100573218?MERCH=REC-_-mobileweb_pip_rr-1-_-100245890-_-100573218-_-N

Or green would work! :wink:

1 Like

So I just ordered this tank for 4-slice

I’ll let everyone know how it works out. I’m expecting it to be a snug fit, and I may even have to heat and reshape the corners :sweat:

When I say snug, I mean snug!

I had to soften and cave in the upper corners in order to clear the door handles/arm rests

2 Likes

It’s not pretty, but it will work. :wink:

1 Like

Ha! Got that right. I’ll be building some type of framework around the tank, in order to support the sides. I’ll also be insulating it a bit, so all my ugly mods will be covered up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Unless you have have OCD…

Put a bag over it and turn out the lights… :wink:

Frame that bad boy and make it looks sleek! I look forward to the finished product

1 Like

Those corners are setting off a severe OCD attack right now!

2 Likes

Car lettered today

6 Likes

Looks GREAT Alex!!! :smile:

1 Like

Out in the daylight:

4 Likes