Ionic Quattro Help!

I found a well kept Ionic Quattro system for sale and tried looking through the web and this forum to get some information and input on it but couldnt find any. So id love to hear everyones opinion on the system. Thanks in advance!

I live in a very low TDS area (10-17) and use only a blue DI filter. Ive heard great things about the Quattro, but it would be overkill for me. We get about 4 months use from a $150 filter.

The Quatro is a good system but you need to know that the filters are proprietary and the supply of filters used to be very spotty. I’m honestly not sure how easily you will be able to get filters. This is something you need to consider because when a filter goes… it can go fast and you need to get replacements with in days.

Whats the price on the unit if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks

Just looked up some prices for the filters and they are more expensive than any others out there. The DI is over $150 as well as the carbon. The RO membrane is over $750.

These are things you should consider before making a purchase.

Hope this helps

The unit is a little over a grand. It comes with a 35 ft fiber glass pole and a 15 ft pole. The 4 cartridge trolley and the Salt recharge container. Would this be a good investment for me to get into the wfp method?

Hey there Mark

A grand isnt to bad for the upfront price, but take a look at the cost of the filters over say 2 years of use:

Then compare it to the price of say this:

IPC Eagle HydroTube | Window Cleaning Supplies, Tools, Equipment, Products

or This

Pure Water System, Ettore, RHG, Aquaclean, EZ Pure | Window Cleaning Supplies, Tools, Equipment, Products

The upfront is slightly more but they dont get you on the backend with double the filter costs. Filter acquisition is another thing to look at… how readily available are the replacement filters?

With the Quatro they are available from one location and sometimes customers can wait over 3 months for them to be in stock. That doesn’t work well when your filter goes and you need it for a job tomorrow. Filters for the above 2 units I provided links for are available at atleast 8 locations in the United States.

While your checking those links out pick this free download up if you havent already…

WCR Pure Water Manual

Thanks Chris and everyone else! Im going to let this unit go. I’d rather pay good money for a unit with less maintenence cost then the other way around.

What is the difference with the Blue tank vs the white one? I have seen the blue DI tank attached to a handcart somewhere on these forums.