Is a VEHICLE considered a marketing tool?

[SIZE=“3”]Let’s get to work![/SIZE]

Awesome Brennon awesome!

I bet your glad you pulled the plug on your old career now?

sure am :smiley:

cool man! That looks like a nice gig, That house is like all the houses in my area, welcome to my world!

Do you know how much lower the other guy was, i wouldn’t touch a house like that for less than $1200.00.

I don’t know what the other guy charged.

Our charge:
976 panes @ $1.25 = $1220
54 screens @ $5 = $270
Tax = $101

Total = $1591

Alex & Chris…JUST watched the WCR Nation reference to the truck…alas, you guys are SO right.

My dilemma is that as my primary personal vehicle, all I can do is throw magnets on it for now, and take 'em off too when using the truck for personal use. My wife and I do lots of non-WC-work volunteer stuff on a weekly basis, and I don’t want the truck detracting from it. (does that make sense?)

The truck would definitely be a crazy marketing tool all lettered up like crazy, but I just can’t quite do that. Gotta go with the magnet routine for now.

I’ll post some pics of the magnets all on in the near future. Not a bad look, overall.

Up here, wraps run around $3,000 for my truck.

I may end up making it a pure work vehicle, and picking up a little car for personal use instead, we’ll see…I kinda hate the idea of my crew driving around in a bazillion-dollar vehicle while I putt around in a sensible little car!

(but I think with help, I can get over these issues…)

My real problem is that since I bought the truck, my focus and role within my company has shifted and crystallized significantly enough to have thrown a bit of a monkey wrench into things…

I do not use my work vehicle for personal use (yep, Mr Marketing does not market 24/7)

I like to seperate both sides of my life

Kevin,
Here’s a picture or two of my magnets. I do like being able to take the magnets off whenever I don’t want to be noticed.

Total cost for 4 magnets? 60 bucks, and that included 30 dollars for rush shipping, got them in 3 days. (vistaprint.com) I’m really thinking about ordering more. Instead of having my logo on them, I’ll display special offers.

Another trick I do is plaster the truck with magnetic business cards in addition to the magnetic sign. I loose half the magnets when I park at Lowe’s or Home Depot for some reason…

(Do I look like Humpty Dumpty in that one picture or what?!)

That just went into the great idea file. Thanks!

Yeah…great idea with the magnets. I may have to try that one too…

I’ve actually got a set on the way that run the entire width of the 4 doors, and also a giant one to cover the whole tailgate. All custom-made.

I have a friend who owns a sign shop not too far away.

that is sooo simple and yet I have never thought of it. That might work well parked in a mall parking lot too.

great thinking!

also, I may suggest people get card magnets made that say “[B][COLOR=“Red”]Take One[/COLOR][/B]” at the top with the info or offer or whatever on the rest of the card.

I think that would work better than just a business card, who knows.

The kind I have used are from Office Depot that say “Free Estimates” across the top. The magnet is shaped to look like a house, with the “Free Estimates” being at the top, or roof. People walk up to the truck just to see what it’s dotted with.

These things work, I got a call from the lady behind me on the interstate today.

You may find this funny, but I did have one of those scrolling LED signs you can get from Sam’s for 200 dollars. Scrolled my business name and number and the usual stuff. I had it set up in the back window. Problem was you could only read it at night because of the tinted glass. Whether this is legal or not I don’t know. I didn’t keep it up there long enough to find out.

I’ve always wanted to do that!

Me too, but the message wouldn’t be an advertisement, it would be a critique directed at the other drivers’ lack of apparent skills…

It is scientifically and mathematically impossible for a Canadian to be redneck.

No offense. Really, If I were not in TEXAS, I’d be in Canada. (If she would have me.)

You deserve it.

Now this I am intrested in knowing more about. How are your employees responding? How has their performance suffered? Did you lose some guys? raises? attitudes?

Have you read “The 48 Laws of Power” by Robert Greene?
It uses short (a page or two) historical instances to expound on the main ideas. Here is a taste…

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/14424/48-Laws-of-Power

I will not even start to start to begin to conceive that I would start to think about even starting to start to complain about Houston traffic. DO NOT get me started.

Manuel ~ I don’t mean to say that the truck has been responsible for anything, more just bad timing with respect to the evolution of my self-appointed role.

Interesting “48 rules” reference. I scanned through them.

The response of the folks who work for me has been frustrating at times, to be sure. This week especially so. I think its more a case of losing interest in the work all together, and wanting to move on to another kind of job.

From what I can tell, anyway.