Is a VEHICLE considered a marketing tool?

I have a difficult name to remember, but the website gets all the hits and enquirys.

Is that the new trolley Jeff? Or the old one?

Should our vehicles be treated as we would a flyer? Why would they call us just because we put our phone number on there. Where’s the motivation to act? Do they need some reason, like “100% guarantee” or something like that?

I think it is good to put “free quotes” on there, but I don’t think anything will really get people running to the phone. Again, it is a very passive way to advertise and someone would really need to act quick or go through the trouble to get a paper and pen.

Where vehicle signs help me most is, when I am cleaning someones home and the neighbors see my truck. They will come over and ask for a quote.

I really look at my vehicle signs as awareness advertising, or you could call it branding. I say branding only because I have areas where I have a lot of clients. I love advertising heavy in those areas and the next day they see my truck at their neighbors house, then a 3 or 4 times more that week.

So far I have never received a call just from my vehicle. I have signs on both sides and a big one on the back (not magnetic). I have had the signs on there for almost 7 months.

I have also had phone calls when I’ve left the job from someone putting pen to paper saying they had seen my van outside the house.
There is also this:
http://tinyurl.com/2q94s8

Heres the main site:
http://www.vehiclecardpockets.com/

I keep looking at it & thinking…good idea…but no thanks.

thanks Karlos

How is it cleaning windows in Spain?

In a nutshell - “frustrating”. I could go into it more, but this ain’t the thread to do it in. Most window cleaners last about 2/3 months before disappearing.

This may be a surprise, same thing here in the US…

Have you been able to create metrics and measurements with regard to marketing impact to date?

Without a doubt it can impress the type of clients you want. I was driving around here just a few days ago and decided to count how many Mercedes,or BMW, passed me in one minute. 16 of them. What this told me was that in certain neighborhoods EVERYBODY has one,(except me, I live two blocks left of Money) the gossip then must be, “did you see Mr. Smoothy’s car?, it’s like 2003 or something. He needs to get a NEW one.” Having one to them is the norm, keeping up with what’s new is the essence of their lifestyle.

If I could afford one of those boxy Mercedes SUV’s in black or a dark teal color:), My company logo and number would be on it and I would be doing what your talking about. For now I’ll park my truck and walk two blocks over. hehe

we had get 5% of our total biz from our truck. we could do better with sopme printed vinyl stuff more color.

Bump for Kevin’s input.

Hmmm. For annoying and silly reasons, my truck remains somewhat of a big beautiful, black brick! Just yesterday I made significant progress in resolving that, but its still not where I envisioned it to be in terms of appearance.

However, this I CAN say:

2 days ago, someone requested an estimate, and described their house as “very large”, so I decided to pop by in person (or “in truck”, if you will…). It felt very good to drive into their circular driveway in my machine, and pull right up to the front door, where the homeowner came right out and met me a few minutes later.

To make a long story short, she called me yesterday (after thinking about it for one day), and hired us to clean her windows for the highest price point yet, $1400.

Would a nice, modest vehicle have had the same impact? I guess I can’t say for sure. But the vehicle I have right now definitely made a discernible visual impression, as far as I could tell from watching her reaction. She had a brand-new shiny 2008 Escalade in the driveway, but my vehicle still caught her attention. Its a pretty sweet looking truck.

I know that sounds arrogant, and I apologize for that, but its kind of uniquely chunky and big in these parts for sure, but not so much that its perceived as redneck. Close, but safely on the side of ‘cool successful’.

Getting back to the metrics question…I guess my answer is still no, empirically speaking! Stay tuned…

Kevin

kevin, do you have your truck lettered or anything?
i did the house for a local landscaper here, in his first year in business, he has the same truck…his reason for purchasing? he targets people with more $$ and he said they respond better to someone showing up to do work in that truck compared to his competition driving old rusted trucks.

[SIZE=“4”][CENTER]I drive a 2004 Kia Sorento SUV[/CENTER][/SIZE]

[SIZE=“4”][CENTER]and we did a [SIZE=“5”]$1600 home [/SIZE]this week in [SIZE=“5”]ONE day![/SIZE] Only possible with a WFP![/CENTER][/SIZE]

[SIZE=“4”][CENTER]This job was done by just my wife and I, with exception of the screens. My brother and his wife knocked out the 54 screens for us.[/CENTER][/SIZE]

Hey! Your shirts all match!

Nice job on the home, Brennon!

Those extras I had made came in handy

Nice job on the home, Brennon!

Thanks. That job blew me away when she accepted the bid. My wife and I just laughed for about 5 minutes. Huge confidence booster!

Marketing pays off! By the time she called us back she got hit with:

1. Direct mail with a $25 off offer (less than 2% of the job!)
  2. website
  3. persuasive voicemail recording-all Kevin’s idea
  4. Free in home estimate and
  5. custom proposal

She mentioned that the last cleaner was cheaper, but she regretted paying for the job a few days after he was done, because of the lack of quality.

She’s promised to help us get into a 5 star neighborhood with homes that cost 5 times what her’s does.

Welcome to the big-time. Wow. $1600 house.

I’ve got some work to do to beat that one!

Great pics of the “fam”, too, very nice.

Marketing pays off!

This is the most important lesson anyone looking to blow out their WC business can learn. Period.