Is a VEHICLE considered a marketing tool?

Sweet ride Paneless. Curious why you went Ford over Chevy or Dodge? I agree with WWW. Keeping a clean vehicle is [B]way[/B] important considering we’re in the cleaning business. My employee washes the van and cleans it out every week. I know for a fact I’ve gotten a few jobs because people have noticed how neat we keep the van.

I think you are you going to need a step ladder to get to the racks? :eek: Damn that things bigger than my Dodge. Great looking truck!

I had to post a picture of my Tundra after seeing the Ford… and I thought the Tundra was big!

I’d still race though… :slight_smile:

Nice Rig Micah! That trailer is SIC! i like it alot!!

You’d beat me. Its not fast by any stretch of the imagination.

Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge came down to “which one looked the coolest”

I personally think the ‘new’ F250 is a bit nicer looking than the others, but they are very sweet trucks too.

And I love your trailer too, Micah.

No lettering?

No lettering as of YET.

I’ve had a couple vinyl guys tell me to not put vinyl on unless I plan on keeping it there because of paint fading. Not that I’m not going to do it, I just want to make sure what I put on there is exactly what I want to put on there.

Magnetic signs are nice, I could move them a little bit to stop fading, but I’m not sure if I want to go that route either. Vinyl looks more professional for sure.

Then you have a full vinyl wrap… which would be cool, but maybe just a little overboard?

The way I’m leaning now is vinyl on the back cab windows and the back window over the bed. Easily comes off the glass with no paint fading.

(Any guys have any problems with the paint fading on a new vehicle?)

[COLOR=Blue]Micah, you have your water tank all the way to the front, does that cause you any towing problems? I have my water tank directly over the axle because I though the weigh distribution would be better.[/COLOR]

Steve - Yes, if you have a water tank and use it, you should put it directly over the axles, because that will weigh more then anything else you’ll have on the trailer. But I don’t use the water tank. It’s mainly for looks. The most liquid I’ve ever had in there was 40 gallons - and that was to clean a roof in town. Other then that it’s always empty. Since I only do commercial, and all commercial has good water spigots here, I don’t really need a buffer tank.

maybe we should re-name this thread “Is a Water Tank a Marketing Tool?”

Maybe you should get one to go in the back of the F250. :slight_smile:

What are your plans as far as graphics? Seems like the truck itself will get enough looks. Just how flashy are you going to go with it?

I’ve often thought it would be cool to have a banner about the length of the bed, and about the height from the top of the bed to the ground. Just display the ad while your working, or parked at Lowes or Home Depot or where ever for a while(not while driving!). It’s a lot more advertizing space - and not usually done - so it should get more looks.

I have a friend that does vehicle lettering (among other things) and he sometimes has to change out lettering on vehicles he’d done a few years earlier and there was definitely fading so that you could tell what it said before. He recommends vinyl wraps for the billboard effect. It’s cheaper than a similar sized billboard and it goes to the customers not waits for the customer to come to it.

You could get your vehicle wrapped like this. It will definitely get peoples attention!

[B]Jason [/B]- great idea, but a little over the top for what Im looking for (or have envisioned)

[B]Micah [/B]- you may have stumbled onto some genius with that one…I love it, and will seriously consider it.

Paneless, how’s that Ford working out for you?

Also, what’s it looking like so far? Any graphics yet?

Loving the vehicle, had some great comments thus far.

The dumb thing is that the after market roof racks have NOT been installed, and I’m getting signage tomorrow.

So, so far its been little more than a huge, gas-guzzling brick for the first two weeks.

But enjoying it, yes.

Lots of eyes. Hopefully that will translate into at least a couple of leads a day, and several hundred a year. Here’s hoping anyway!

Once the signage is on, I’ll post a picture.

I think this is my next vehicle, it should be able to get me up high enough! lol and stand out …I can just picture my logo and stuff on it now lol And i can run to jobs with the siren on lol It definitely would be different! I wonder what insurance is like on one of those baby’s?

http://www.fentonfire.com/ladders_and_quints/listing.php?lid=732

This is a snippet of what I posted back in September this year on MWCoA:

[I]I think this is a half empty or half full sort of look on life. Many a
window cleaner in the UK will tell you “don’t get a better vehicle than
your client, as he may think you are over charging him”.
I have gone the other way & bought the most expensive van on the
market - why? Well I don’t want it to break down. I want my clients to
see that I drive a quality dependable vehicle that won’t let me down (I
will be on time)& also that I like to reinvest in my business. I also
know that I can get a spare part or take it in to the garage & have it
worked on immediately. I get more work from my van than I ever did
advertising (not that I do much of that these days) & the client I want
usually comments to ask certain functions or problems he’s having with
the same brand. They also rightly presume that if I buy a quality van,
I must have quality tools. Why would anyone buy a van that’s
considerably more expensive than another & then fill it with cheap gear.
I have comments like “you must be doing alright for yourself with a van
like that!” Or half jokingly “you must be expensive”. They are right, I
just smile & may add - “you get what you pay for”.
Since having this ethic a couple of years a go, I find my self getting
the best product there is or holidays that are not a package deal. I
don’t look for the cheaper deals or special offers, in fact I avoid them
like the plague. Its funny that when you embrace this ethic, a sort of
karma drifts over your finances & you are able to afford everything you
need.[/I]

On the other side, I know there’s a guy that uses a hearse in the UK with “who ya gonna call?” written on the side. I suppose it depands what type of market you are after?

GREAT IDEA. it might be as big as wfp. plus we wouldnt spend so much time in traffic

Nice Post…do you have pics of your van?

New they sell for $36,000, I got mine 6 months old from a garage I clean at. The great thing about Mercedes is they hold their value - I was quite surprised that I got offered more than I paid for it earlier this year!
Just click the image to expand, I know the sign writing isn’t that fancy, but it does the job. The pictures grab the attention & the writing does the rest of the work. Notice how we have to have closed trucks here as equipment tends to walk!
Funny you mention the firetruck - I was considering one until I found out they only do around 10 mpg. I did look at the smaller ones with a ton capacity for wfp but importing wouldn’t have been insured & change of plates alone would have cost me $7000! I was looking at the smaller ones something like at the ones at the bottom of the page http://www.freedomfireequipment.com/

](ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs)[/IMG]

](ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs)[/IMG]