Is it better to work in sunglasses?

For example, if I’m cleaning a storefront outside and it’s sunny, would it be better to wear sunglasses? Will I see more in comparison to not wearing glasses?

I can’t imagine doing this job without them. The amount of times I catch glare off the glass or end up looking directly into the sun from inside… I just can’t think that’d be good for my longterm vision.

I get the $10 “Terminator” brand fishing sunglasses at walmart. They last me a couple months or so. (Softwashing solution seems to break down the reflective coating after awhile. If I was only doing window cleaning and was a little more careful with them, I could see getting a year+ out of them.)

2 Likes

All day sunglasses :sunglasses: for me. I get the 7-11 cheapies. Sux , becuase I would spend 200 on a good pair , but I either break them, or lose them often. Sometimes I forget to switch when I’m spraying bleach which destroys them too.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t wear shades when cleaning windows is the real question…

4 Likes

If your not wearing sunnies by the time you are 40 you’re crows feet will make you look like you’re over 60 lol, I wore sunnies almost my whole time cleaning windows, I still have crows feet of a much older man.

1 Like

I’ve turned my truck around many times for leaving my shades on the counter. Polarized lenses for sure all day.

2 Likes

Haaa … Me too , and bought another pair , because I forgot my sunglasses on the counter.

All it took me was one good day squinting and I said never again!

I dont take my trash out without my shades on… Polarized lenses for the win when cleaning windows…

1 Like