Is this a good unit for beginning pressure washing

What is the highest GPM that you can run off of a customers hose without having to buy extra stuff? I heard 4 GPM is about tops.

Kurt, I definitely would not attempt to run anything more than 4 GPM straight from the custy’s water supply. I use a 4GPM unit and a 35 gallon buffer tank and the machine has gotten ahead of the water supply on numerous occasions. I actually need a bigger buffer tank in order to eliminate this problem from happening again. So yeah, no bigger than 4 GPM straight from the water bibb.

Most homes have two water faucets so if you have a water flow issue with your 4gpm washer carry a water hose two in one y and run a second hose.

That’s a great idea that I never really even thought about. I’m definitely gonna do that! So no need to get a bigger buffer tank for me untill I get a bigger p.w. unit.

Thanks for the tip!

Oh Yeah, I’ve actually ran into this problem of insufficient water supply when WFP’ing residential. I don’t know the reason, maybe it was laundry day and everyone in the house was taking a shower. At any rate, this two hose water supply method can help with those rare cases when the water suppy is too slow for even a WFP.

Talk toBob at Pressure Teck about low psi cleaning. He has pumps at 150 psi that shoot 30+ feet. We use that more then thecpressure washer on siding.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It sounds like this Bob at pressure tech is the man with the plan.

Bob is cool as hell. We have been friends for a few years now.
I can’t wait to hang out with him again in NOLA this year.

I heard he’s buying everybody lunch at Coop’s!

Ergo, you’re cool, too!

I’m really looking forward to NOLA in April.

I went to Lowes today to purchase a T5 and 6 torx bit to fix my cell phone and took a detour to lawn care and bought a 3800 psi 4.0 GPM washer on sale $749 brand new in the box.

Is that the one with the cat pump?

I wish. It has a AR pump.

For that price use the AR pump until it dies and slap on a 4.6 gmp General PMR from Bob. You pretty much got it for the cost of the motor if it’s a Honda 13 hp.

The 3800/4.0 with a Honda GX390 (11.7HP net) at my Lowe’s is $999.

Its the same motor I dont think Honda makes the 13hp any more Honda Engines - GX390 4-Stroke Engine
I think going from 390cc to 389cc was the easy way for them to meet the new EPA standards.

Its still a good deal I’m ordering parts to setup this unit in another truck.

I went back to Lowes and the sticker says its a 390cc I took a pic :confused:

I just purchased this unit from Bob today. Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

Good choice. Bob will do right by you for sure.

Cranked up the JD washer the other day, works great. Been doing this to long to let BS tell me how to buy a washer.:smiley:

Kurt, sorry I lost you the other day.
Call back if that didn’t answer all of your questions. It would be really helpful to you if you could get a little labor for learning. It would be a day well spent to make sure you didn’t mess anything up at a client’s house.