Is window cleaning a pain in the neck?

I agree

Who’s this guy again?

Yes, that would be great, thank you!

1 Like

Yes. I have been cleaning windows for almost 15 years and I suffer from neck, shoulder, and back pain frequently. A long day of WFP use is hard on the neck and shoulders but I eat Advil like it’s candy. Well, it has a candy coating anyway.

2 Likes

He’s just one of us men. Ruh ruh ruh. Now i gotta go shine my chrome exhaust stacks, watch some Australian Rules Football and belch the alphabet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I was definitely in more pain when i worked a desk job. … Plus it was boring. Never again.

1 Like

Hey Steve. Im hoping the research will help minimise what you are experiencing now future generations of window cleaners. And exactly my point. Thanks for sharing that bud.

What do you do to manage the discomfort you have?

Here you go my friend - the WASPAK video we spoke about Lee has a go of the Waspak: The Water Fed Pole Safety System - YouTube

2 Likes

That’s one hell of a gadget. So they guarantee no WFP pain for 30 years?

1 Like

Joshua @Pure_Water_Window_Cl… has designed one also.

2 Likes

Really, there everywhere. Do a quick check if your interested, much out there.

From ergotech handles, those goofy glasses for wfp, wfp with handles to training manuals to work more efficiently to avoid physical strain

1 Like

When you mention desk jockey, using a mouse at a computer for years developes carpal tunnel i many.small manufacturing jobs working with detailed objects Vision issues and hand. Office jobs people become overweight have issues with that no exercise.

It’s true office workers and workers with less physical jobs would see less physical pain overtime.

2 Likes

rsi is no joke whether it’s from using a mouse a wfp or a squeegee and yes using a mouse can can cause irreparable damage and loss of proper function.
good work lee.
my first year with wfp i ended up with shoulder/neck problem that lasted about 8 months. i am much more careful now.

1 Like

Thats right, I even have some of them items. The new technology in this research would be able to objectively assist in determining if they really work, or not.

We aim to plan out the scope of the research, July 31st in Central London :slight_smile:

Erm, it’s not just a ‘designed one’ type of thing although the tech is wearable. This is research using new technology with musculoskeletal experts and specially designed algorithms. This research is going to cost thousands.

I would also be interested in what ‘Joshua’ has too… curious :slight_smile:

Im not sure what guarantee the WASPAK gives. What I do know is that they say it helps :slight_smile:

Like most research, the resultswill likely be similar to the beliefs of the people researching it. Very one-sided I’m sure

2 Likes

Of course it’s going to help that’s a given. How much? :open_mouth:

Sorry Lee, I should of said he ( @Pure_Water_Window_Cl ) has designed his own version of a wfp assisting device .

1 Like