Issues with GG4 and Dawn

4 Likes

+1

I get those gloves from harbor freight. I like them for cleaning grody tracks so my nails don’t look gross when I go to shake hands and collect my check.

3 Likes

Dang those are sweet.

i get those too sometimes. they do get sticky on hot days.

Ammonia is an irritant and is not recommended to be used without gloves and cautions irritation to eye, nose and lung damage

1 Like

I get my black nitrile gloves at Amazon
MicroFlex gloves are the best ones I’ve found

1 Like

If your mixing GG4 with dawn how much dawn do you add? Also if your using a hoghair brush are you not useing a normal scrubber? Is a hoghair brush safe for glass ? Meaning will it scratch? What if the glass is tinted?

Hogs hair won’t scratch, use instead of normal scrubber.

Really it’s not realistic to use a Hogs hair brush on any residential or storefront.

It’s only use I think it has is very dirty commercial and won’t hold much water. Cramps your hand too.

Think the post on it really wasn’t meant to be used just stated it really produces suds.

1 Like

I use mine if I’m trad cleaning and the fames + panes are super dirty. It’s almost as good as steel wool for scrubbing, thus saving a step by not switching from t-bar to scrubby.

2 Likes

how often do you use your hogs hair on residential? Weekly, monthly?

I use 1/2oz of gg4 for 2 gallons of water. I don’t measure the Dawn, just squirt it for for about 1 - 2 seconds. Maybe it’s 1 or 2 tablespoons?

1 Like

I only got it recently so it’s only been deployed a handful of times so far.

So as for frequency: not often. But the cases where it was warranted I was happy to have it.

You guys are still talking about the soap you use, dang. Find what works and get on with it.

It’s spring time the forum should be full of questions on “what’s the most effective ways to make your business more profitable” not “soap or what squeegee are you using” lol.

4 Likes

“…” cause we’re all too busy to be on the forum.

There is always time to talk about “how do we make our business more profitable.”

That what voxer is for my friend.

2 Likes

…I use it every day on residential, indoor and out. It’s great on tracks. It’s a top notch tool. I think it holds more water than any sleeve.
Hand cramping…yes, till you build strength. I would like to see one with a synthetic back rather than wood.

I have created my own cleaning solution…
If you’re going by lets say a gallon… you only need enough. To provide slipperiness on the glass.
Find main ingredients in my solution for removing fingerprints and overall scum, is a mixture of vinegar and peroxide, I have more in my solution but those are the two I can knock out dirt with you need to create a concentrate solution and add what you need to add depending on the bucket you are carrying., just my thoughts

1 Like

what’s the rest?

I wonder why they don’t make one with a handle so you can hold it similar to a tbar.

Soap it’s used as a big part of what is used every day, even though it seems as such a minor factor in what we do it provides a key element in using the squeegee and cleaning the glass. this forum is really informative for new guys learning, which starts with the basics, soap is a big factor for the new guy.

4 Likes