Job pricing form

Is there an existing from to use for time/ pricing to show the customer and have them sign stating , I’m willing to pay X$/hr for up to x hrs and my start n stop time was…
I’ve gotten some I’ll pay you such n such , or you did not say that wasn’t included.

1 Like

Why give an hourly rate? Seems easier / less complicated to give a set price for the job.
Just be sure to mention things that may not be included like removing hard water stains, or doing screens
or how ever you set it up.

3 Likes

I’ve flirted with that concept of hourly rate because every home isn’t the same, landscaping etc plays a factor…but it seems to come out around the same price either way…IMO

2 Likes

You provide a service based on variables. Offer a price to get the job done and let the hourly rate dictate itself from there. Stating hourly rates scare people off. If they ask your hourly rate just say it depends on the job; each job is different.

2 Likes

Bid the job before you do it. Draft a service agreement with the price and all services included. Make them sign it and get to work.

2 Likes

im not saying I use a hourly rate, just flirted with the thought.

$50 an hr isn’t much man…my min is $89

Pick up carbon paper from Office Depot; sandwich between two copies of your estimate sheet; keep the original give copy to customer. Cheap and works.

2 Likes

Make your own specific to your needs on your computer in a word processing or spreadsheet document.

2 Likes

Ai che carumba maing…

Don’t have to take it somewhere. YOU put the carbon sheet in between YOUR documents that YOU make for yourself.

You can also have Office Depot help you design your own carbon-less invoices where whatever you write transfers onto the copy page.

One cost rather little and you type it up on your computer yourself. The other may cost you $50 or $60 and has a more institutionalized(?) look to it.

1 Like

This one is available on my Mac in the spreadsheet program. Your computer probably has something similar under templates.

You can something like these printed up with your name, logo, and any other information you want.

carbonless invoice

I had a job on Friday ,a very small house wash, single story vinyl clad walls, I was done in 1 hr, it was a retirement village so I give them a special price$150, a few doors down another cleaning company who primarily does in general cleaning but decided to give house washing a go, they changed $40 per man hour they had 2 ppl on the job 1 who stood back the whole time (while I was there ) and 1 who used an electric PW not using any chems high pressure spraying each inch, I found out later they took 5 hours to complete and changed $400 to complete the job, when there neighbors checked each others houses out , the customer who had to wait around for 5hrs and payed $400 was a little dis satisfied when she found out how much I charge how long I took and how much brighter and cleaner her neighbors house looked.

Generally I charge $100min/hr for house washing/pw, I NEVER tell the customer that, why cos they can get Joe blow with a $99 PW who will charge $40/hr but take 5 times longer, thus they are paying more.
Should less efficient contractors be payed more due to having less experience and lower quality gear… HELL NO!

I like to use Wave accounting I can make an estimate on my phone or tablet and email it to them right there, we both have copies.

1 Like

I use quick books…I’ve found it works for me at this point.

2 Likes